Gartner says that by 2020, 72% of companies will be leveraging the cloud. With this increased cloud usage and migration just 4 years away, companies increasingly require that their widespread IT services are always up and running properly. Service Providers, who are providing IT services to a portfolio of clients, have an opportunity to add additional cloud services to broaden their overall product offering. To manage the reliability of their rapidly growing IT services offering, Service Providers demand monitoring solutions that proactively manage their infrastructures as a whole.
This topic of optimizing your Service Provider’s IT monitoring strategy for increased cloud migrations and usage was recently discussed by members of our LogicMonitor community in a webinar hosted by The Channel Company titled, “Forewarned Is Forearmed: Cloud-Optimizing Your Monitoring Strategy.” Speakers in this webinar included David Powell of Teklinks (LogicMonitor customer), Sam Coyl of Netrepid (LogicMonitor customer), and myself, Manager of the LM Service Provider Sales Team. Marc Songini of The Channel Company moderated the webinar.
During the webinar, we focused on how Service Providers can improve on the following while increasing focus on providing cloud services:
- Deliver cloud monitoring solutions for customers
- Add new valuable services for clients, on the fly
- Automate the discovery of data center and private/public/hybrid cloud environments
- Increase sales and reduce costs
David and Sam discussed how the key to stability during Service Providers’ increased focus on providing cloud services is using a SaaS monitoring solution such as LogicMonitor. Why is LogicMonitor so helpful for Service Providers in particular? LogicMonitor has over 1000 customers and approximately 40% of them are Service Providers. Here are a few reasons that Service Providers have chosen to adopt LogicMonitor to support their growth:
1. LM is a SaaS solution: SaaS solutions save money and are agile. Rather than spending the time and money on maintaining an on-premises solution, operations folks can spend that time and money focusing on larger business issues. SaaS solutions also are much more agile and flexible in terms of deploying their solution onto new clients that Service Providers bring on-board, and releasing product updates to their single pane of glass platforms.
2. LM is automated: Imagine being able to measure the time it takes to onboard a customer in minutes rather than hours or days. LM brings automation to the onboarding process. Automatically discover every device in your customer’s infrastructure. LM also provides a library of pre built templates of over 900 technologies including network, compute, storage, cloud and many more. Once the discovery is completed, monitoring is automatically enabled.
3. LM monitors hybrid environments: Service Providers must meet the needs of all of their customers; whether they have on-premises infrastructure, cloud infrastructure, or both. Service Providers need a flexible tool like LM that monitors any and all types of IT environments in its one pane of glass platform.
4. LM keeps MSPs’ customers up-to-date: Service Providers’ clients need to be reminded frequently on how well the Service Provider that they are paying is managing their infrastructure. LM has developed an automatic reporting and delivery mechanism that keeps Service Providers’ clients informed. LM’s SaaS multi-tenant solution also provides a dashboard portal that can be customized for each individual client’s service portal to keep them informed and drive additional business.
5. LM is a multi-tenant solution: Multi-tenancy is a must have component of solutions to help drive efficiency for Service Providers in the cloud monitoring space.
With the flexibility and agility of a SaaS solution like LogicMonitor, Service Providers can more successfully manage the changes and rapid growth that their infrastructures are going through.
Make sure to check out the full webinar with David and Sam discussing their cloud strategies here.