- Your monitoring solution should make your life easier, not harder.
- Monitoring should not have to be a full time job.
- Data collection, alerting, trending and reporting should all be integrated.
- Everyone in IT/Ops should be able to use your monitoring – not just the person that set it up.
- Monitoring should tell people about changes in your infrastructure – not be dependent on humans to know of changes.
- Data should be presented in a way that enlightens everyone – from IT and Ops to the CFO and CEO.
- Monitoring should be outside your own infrastructure. And your cloud provider’s infrastructure.
- Using more than one monitoring tool for all your infrastructure is inefficient. Using less than one is crazy.
- Your IT and Ops people can add much more value to your business if they are not stuck doing monitoring.
- Owning your own monitoring infrastructure does not add value to your business. Unless you are a monitoring company.
Steve is the founder of LogicMonitor.
Subscribe to our LogicBlog to stay updated on the latest developments from LogicMonitor and get notified about blog posts from our world-class team of IT experts and engineers, as well as our leadership team with in-depth knowledge and decades of collective experience in delivering a product IT professionals love.