- About LogicMonitor
- About Alerts
- Alert Delivery
- AIOps Features for Alerting
- Responding to Alerts
- Alert Integrations
- Cloud Monitoring
- Dashboards and Widgets
- Getting Started
- LM Service Insight
- Rest API Developers Guide
- RPC API Developers Guide - Deprecated
- Servicenow CMDB Integration
- Terminology and Syntax
LogicMonitor has the ability to deliver alert notifications via email. For more information on how this (and other) alert delivery methods function, see Alert Delivery Methods.
Response Commands for Email/SMS Email
When you receive alert notifications via email or SMS email, there are two available response methods:
- You can click the link in the email to open and respond to the alert in LogicMonitor. You are presented with a page that allows you to put the alert into SDT, acknowledge it, or escalate it.
- Or, as discussed in this support article, you can respond to the alert by replying to the alert email.
Note: Replies to SMS alert messages received through an email to SMS gateway (as opposed to native SMS) will only be delivered if the subject line is maintained. This is a restriction of the carrier. If the subject line is removed by your phone when replying, the reply will not be delivered to LogicMonitor. This is a known issue with some Android phones. If you are experiencing this issue, reply to the alert via the email app, or have the alert delivered via native SMS.
The following response commands are available for use in the body of an email or SMS email reply.
Note: Some mail servers may alter the formatting of your response by introducing new line characters (e.g. “\r\n” or “\n”) into your reply messages. Because LogicMonitor only considers the first line of the response, this added formatting could result in truncated messages (depending on the length of your comment and mail server behavior).
In this Article: