Processes in LM Dexda, manual or automatic, involve a set of actions to accomplish a goal. The Store Enrichment Data action described here is a preconfigured action used to maintain a local cache of enrichment data in LM Dexda. An action group is a sequence of individual actions that are executed in order. For more information about the concept of action groups, see About Actions and Action Groups.
Caching Enrichment Data
During event processing, an event’s event.eventCI field is used to look up the enrichment cache index. If a match is found, the corresponding enrichment record is copied to the event. This provides an accurate record of the asset or CI at the time the event was processed. The record can contain for example its software version, which provides a valuable audit trail for analysis. Once an event has been enriched, its complete set of data is available throughout the application, from rules processing to dashboards.
LM Dexda’s enrichment cache is maintained in the following ways:
- Inbound Integrations—LM Dexda features a range of integrations to third-party platforms such as ServiceNow. You can configure these integrations to deliver scheduled batches or single item record updates to LM Dexda’s inbound integration service endpoint. Data arriving at this endpoint undergoes rules-based processing with matched rules triggering a specified action. To store CI or Asset data, you should configure the processing rule to call the Store Enrichment Data action. For more information, see Creating Rules.
- Update ServiceNow CI or Asset—When this action is called, if successful, the entire CI or asset record is returned in the response. This data can be used within an Action Group by calling the Store Enrichment Data action as a subsequent step. For more information, see Configuring Update ServiceNow CI or Asset Action.
In both cases, the configuration of the Store Enrichment Data action is identical.
The following describes configuration parameters available when creating action groups that involves the Store Enrichment Data action. For general information on how to work with action groups, see Creating Action Groups.
The following table describes configuration parameters on the Settings tab.
|Action||The action to run (Store Enrichment Data).|
|Only When||Only run the curent step if specific condition are met.|
|Stop When||Stop the entire sequence if any of the specified conditions are met.|
|Stop If||Describes the conditions under which the Action Group flow should be stopped. Multiple conditions can be selected.|
– Enrichment data stored: the action successfully stored an enrichment record.
– Enrichment data not stored: the action did not store an enrichment record.
– Action Skipped: the action did not run because the filter was not matched to the input record.
– Action Failed: the action failed to complete successfully.
|Filter||Condition that describes whether the action should run.|
Mappings are not supported for the Store Enrichment Data action.
The following table describes configuration parameters on the Advanced tab.
|KeyField||The field on the enrichment data that should be used to index data. This index is used to lookup the value of event.eventCI.|
|Prefix||A table prefix ensuring that columns that are common to multiple tables, for example name which is common to cmdb and asset), are stored using a unique table prefix.|
|ParentField||The field on the data record that contains a reference to a parent record. The reference should be resolvable through the same index used for KeyField.|
|LowercaseKeyValue||By default, the case of the KeyField’s will not be changed, and for a successful enrichment successful the event.eventCI must match a KeyField exactly. To make this matching cases insensitive, set this field to “true”. When enabled, the keyField value will be lowercased at the point of storage.|
Note: After enabling this setting you may need to resend all enrichment data from the source system in order for it to be re-indexed in lower case.
|ParseIsoDateTime||Enabled by default. Disable if you prefer to store ISO date/time string values exactly as they are received.|
|ExternalRecordType||Specifies the type of the external record. This parameter is used by LM Dexda to unpack and process the record.|
If empty, the action will use the Source record for the action group.
Note: If the Source record is not the same as the external record, this field must be set. This is the case for example when using this action as part of a complex flow where the source (input) record is an event.
Supported record types are: sncCmdb
Note: When using the Store Enrichment Action to update LM Dexda’s locally cached enrichment data following an Update SNC CI or Asset call, ensure you have enabled “UseReturnValues” on the Update SNC CI or Asset action. By default, the ServiceNow’s API response will return stored values rather than display values, which are human readable. If you don’t enable this setting, unexpected data might be saved to the enrichment tables.