Creating DashboardsLast updated on 11 April, 2023
Dashboards are central in LM Dexda as a starting point from where you can get a first overview. Using the Insights Dashboard you can quickly see and act on insights and alerts. Dashboards are built up by charts displaying different information. A default dashboard is available as a starting point, but you can also create your own dashboards customized for specific user groups and purposes.
The following describes how to build a dashboard and add charts with query filters. For more information about filters and charts, see About Filters and About Charts. For information on how to view and act on dashboard information, see Using Dashboards.
Note: You need administration permission to create, edit, and delete dashboards.
Creating a Dashboard
Do the following to create a dashboard:
- Select Dashboards in the left navigation menu.
- Select Create dashboard in the upper right. Alternatively, select the row of an existing dashboard and select Clone. This creates a copy of the dashboard with existing information.
- Provide a name for the dashboard and select Save.
The next step is to add desired charts with information specific for the purpose of the dashboard. When creating a dashboard by cloning an existing one, you can modify existing charts by editing or removing them. You can also resize and reposition charts on the dashboard.
Editing a Dashboard
Do the following to edit a dashboard, for example to add or update charts:
- From the Dashboard listing: Select the dashboard to update, open the menu at the end of the row for the and select Edit.
- From viewing a Dashboard page: Open the menu next to the dashboard name and select Edit.
You can chose between a set of chart types for insights, alerts, and event records. For more information about chart types, see About Charts.
The following example describes how to add a Ticker aggregation chart to a dashboard:
- Open the edit view for the dashboard you want to update.
- Select the type of record, for example “Insights”, and the type of chart to add, for example “Ticker”, and select Continue.
- Add a Title for the chart, for example “Open Insights”. This will be shown on the dashboard.
- Select “_id” from the Field drop-down.
- Select “COUNT” as the type of Aggregation.
- A preview of the aggregated data is displayed to the right, to show what the resulting output will look like.
- If needed, define a Filter expression to refine the query, for example
AND Escalation Not equals closedto filter out number of open insights. See Adding Filters.
- Select Submit to add the chart to the dashboard.
- Select Save to save the updated dashboard.
Use these options to update existing charts on a dashboard:
- Editing: Select the More options menu at the upper right of a chart, and select Edit.
- Cloning: Select the More options menu at the upper right of a chart, and select Clone.
- Resizing: Grab the resize handle at the bottom right corner of a chart, and drag to resize as preferred.
- Repositioning. Grab the repositioning handle at the upper left of a chart, and drag to the desired position on the dashboard.
- Removing: Select the More options menu at the upper right of a chart, and select Remove.
Note: When done modifying charts, remember to save the dashboard.
A Filter contains a default top level condition from where you select either And or Or, and add branching and filter conditions below.
Note: When configuring a filter for a chart, the query time range is limited to 24 hours. This prevents excessive query times caused by unrestricted queries.
The following describes the steps to add filters to a chart. Available fields and options vary depending on the type of data source – events, alerts, or insights, and the type of chart you select.
Do the following to add a filter to a chart:
- In the add chart dialog, enter chart values for Title, Group, Field, and Aggregation.
- In the Filter section, select Add expression.
- Select a field for the data source of the chart, for example “Escalation”.
- Select the operator, for examle “Not equals”.
- Enter a value, for example “closed”.
- Select Add. The resulting output is displayed in the right pane.
- To further limit your query, select the branch icon and select And or Or.
- Select the filter icon to create a new set of conditions adding a field, an operator, and values for the branch.
- When satisfied with the chart output, select Submit to save the chart.
Some operators are list operators for which you can add multiple values:
- Not in
- Not contains
Note: When specifying list values, enter each value on a new line to separate them.
For more details about available fields and operators, see About Filters.