LogicMonitor's New User Interface
IN THIS ARTICLE:
Introduction to New UI
LogicMonitor is rolling out a new user interface! Driven by our commitment to continuous product improvement, the new UI is more intuitive and efficient, and solves a large number of user pain points.
The new UI maintains full parity with the features and functionality you use today. Additionally, it will bring new functionality, along with an enhanced user experience that adheres to the following UX (user experience) principles:
- Content forward. Reduce the number of clicks it takes to complete a task.
- Prioritization. Show a clear hierarchy of information with a shorter path to resolution.
- Control. Provide easier methods to control content and actions.
- Guidance. Offer inherent direction through consistency in UI terminology, flow, and other means.
- Catering to differing skill levels. Support efficient use of the product by users of varying skill levels.
- Accessibility. Make product accessible to all people, regardless of disability type or severity of impairment.
UI Deployment Schedule
The new UI will be rolled out on a page-by-page basis. Upon deployment, each new UI page will offer a 6-9 week preview period where the new UI for that page will exist in parallel with the "old" UI (a toggle will support movement between UI versions). This will give you time to experiment with the page's new UI and adapt your internal workflows before its old UI is retired at the end of the six-week period.
Deployment of the new UI will be applied to pages in this order:
- Alerts page (targeted for October 17, 2019)
- Integrations page (this will be the new home for LogicModules and LM Exchange)
- Dashboards page
- Resources page
Sneak Preview: Alerts Page
Targeted for October 17, 2019, the Alerts page will be the first page to feature the new UI. For a detailed overview of the new look and features coming with new Alerts page UI, see New UI: Alerts Page.
Discontinuation of Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 Support
Due to front-end compatibility issues, security risks, and maintenance costs, the new UI will not support Microsoft Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft's final version of the Internet Explorer browser.
The Alerts page will be the first area of the interface to receive the new UI (targeted for release in October). At this time, if you are using IE11, you will not be able to access the new Alerts page. Access to the old Alerts page via IE11 will be maintained initially during the preview period, but once that page is retired (6-9 weeks after the new Alerts page is released), migration to a different browser will be required in order to access the Alerts page.
If you are using IE11, we strongly recommend that you move to a supported LogicMonitor browser as soon as possible to avoid any disruptions in platform functionality.
By discontinuing support for IE11, we are able to focus on optimizing functionality on the browsers that the new UI will continue to support. These include Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, and Apple Safari. For a list of browsers (and versions) supported, see Browsers Supported by LogicMonitor.