- About LogicMonitor
- Cloud Monitoring
- Dashboards and Widgets
- Resources Page Overview
- Adding & Managing Devices
- Applying Datasources & Instances to Devices
- Device Groups
- Getting Started
- LM Service Insight
- Rest API Developers Guide
- RPC API Developers Guide - Deprecated
- Servicenow CMDB Integration
- Terminology and Syntax
When you add a device manually, part of the process includes selecting which collector should monitor that device. When you discover devices via a netscan policy, the collector that discovered the device will be assigned to monitor it.
Any time a device is assigned to a collector, either when the device is added or when the collector is changed manually, the assigned collector will become the Preferred Collector.
How do I change the Preferred Collector?
- for a single device… change the preferred collector from the device’s Manage dialog, which is accessed by highlighting the device in the Resources tree and clicking the Manage button.
- for multiple devices in a group… change the preferred collector for one or more devices in a normal group from the device group manage dialog.
- for all devices managed by a collector… select the Devices icon for the collector monitoring the devices, select the checkboxes next to the desired devices and then select ‘Change Preferred Collector’
In this Article: