You can export and import configurations between LM Dexda solutions to provide backups of specific configurations as needed. For example, if you are doing extensive configuration changes to your LM Dexda solution, you can take a backup (export) of configuration items like Rules and Actions. Should you need to recover a system, a file with configuration items can be imported from a known working configuration.
The configurations are exported as a JSON file containing all configuration settings except models. You can for example see the configuration details for dashboards, rules, and action groups in the file.
Exporting and Importing a Configuration
Select Import in the navigation menu to manage exports and imports.
- Select Export config. The configuration file is generated.
- Select Download. The file is downloaded to your local environment.
- Select Upload and locate the desired configuration file.
- The content of the file you are about to upload is displayed. Select Actions, Rules, or Dashboards to see configuration items to be applied.
- Select Import config to import the configurations to your solution. Any errors are displayed to help you troubleshoot the import, if needed.
- Select Done when the import has completed.
Note: When importing a configuration, existing configuration items with the same IDs will be removed and replaced by the imported configuration set. Any newly added configuration that is not overwritten by an import will remain untouched.