Exchange is a listing of modules and packages that are available for installation. Use Exchange to search for modules, install new modules, or to upgrade existing modules and packages.
Note: An Exchange package is a group of LogicModules. A package provides all the modules required to successfully monitor a specific technology and allows for efficient import of the modules.
Bulk Actions and Status
When you select one or more modules (checkboxes), the Actions menu displays with bulk actions you can take.
|Bulk Action / Status||Description|
|Install||The Install button displays when a new LogicModule, that you do not currently have installed, is available for installation. |
For packages, the Install option is displayed if any of the package’s modules are not installed and are available for installation.
|Update||The Update button displays when a new version is available for a LogicModule that is currently installed locally.|
|Skip Update||The Skip Update button allows you to ignore an update. You will not see this option again until another update is available. |
Click a row in the modules table to open a panel with information about the package or module. This detail view does not allow you to edit the module. If there is a newer version of the module available, this view will display an install button to allow you to import the new version of the LogicModule into your portal.
The details panel for the packages will display a description (if one was provided by the creator) and more information in two tabs:
- Modules–This tab lists the individual modules that are in the package.
- SNMP SysOID Maps–This tab lists the maps if any exist in the package.
Depending on the module type and the configuration of the module, the details panel will display different tabs of information.
- Info–This tab displays the LogicModule name, Locator code, and date it was last updated. You can also find Basic Information (such as Module type, version, and status), and a Description or Technical notes if they are provided.
- Commit History–This tab which shows you the history of versions for the module.
- Other tabs will vary depending on the configurations of the module. For example, you might see tabs for Alert Settings, AppliesTo, Active Discovery, Collection, Datapoint, and more if they apply to this module.