IN THIS ARTICLE:
- Introduction to LogicMonitor for Stride Integration
- Installation and Setup
- Integration Functionality
Introduction to LogicMonitor for Stride Integration
Your LogicMonitor account comes ready to integrate with your Stride account. You can use the out-of-the-box LogicMonitor for Stride integration to view, acknowledge, and SDT LogicMonitor alerts from Stride conversations, as well as add ops notes to LogicMonitor and query device information using bot functionality.
Before installing the LogicMonitor Stride integration, complete the following steps.
- Create a LogicMonitor API token to use during setup (see API Tokens for more information on creating tokens)
- Ensure your Stride user account has appropriate permissions for installing apps
- Ensure you LogicMonitor user account has permissions to manage/edit integrations, escalation chains, and alert rules in order to fully implement Stride integration
Installation and Setup
The installation flow is pretty straightforward, and is completed entirely from within the context of your Stride account. The integration will send alerts to any Stride conversation in your site, depending on where it's installed.
To install and set up the LogicMonitor for Stride integration:
- Install the LogicMonitor for Stride application in a Stride conversation from the Atlassian Marketplace:
- Click the + button in the Apps application.
- Add the LogicMonitor for Stride application from the Marketplace.
Note: Installation can optionally be initiated from LogicMonitor under Settings | Integrations | Add | Stride. You'll be redirected to the installation screen in Stride.
- You will be redirected to the Stride conversation, where a configuration dialog will open.
- Enter the access ID and key for your LogicMonitor API token (you should have obtained an API token as part of the requirement steps listed in the previous Preparation section).
Note: This information will not be stored; it's only for setup purposes.
- At this stage, you can also choose to enable or disable the ability to acknowledge or apply SDT to alerts from within the Stride room using the Enable acknowledge and SDT operations from Stride details window option.
- After clicking the Next button, you'll be redirected to another dialog for setting up the Stride integration in LogicMonitor.
Note: You must enter a unique integration name here; this step is mandatory for the integration to work.
- Next, a new dialog is presented to configure an escalation chain for the integration. While this step is optional here, an escalation chain must ultimately be configured in order for alerts to be delivered to Stride. From this dialog, you can choose to:
- Create and name a new escalation chain; the Stride integration will become the first delivery stage for this new escalation chain.
- Update an existing escalation chain; the Stride integration will be added as a CC recipient to every stage in this chain.
- Close out of the dialog and configure the escalation chain manually at a later time, as discussed in Escalation Chains.
- If you configured an escalation chain, click Done and setup is complete.
As discussed in the following sections, the primary features of this integration include:
- Alert delivery to Stride rooms with optional functionality to acknowledge (ACK) and set scheduled downtime (SDT) for alerts.
- Glance view alert summaries of recent active alerts that have been sent to the room.
- Creation of ops notes from within the Stride room.
- Chat bot functionality to query information about the LogicMonitor portal.
The main feature of this integration is, of course, alert delivery. The integration will send all four standard integration alert statuses: active, escalated/de-escalated/resend, ack, and clear).
ACK and SDT
In Stride, you can acknowledge or SDT an alert directly from the alert message in the Stride conversation with a single click. To customize the ack or SDT comment, perform the action from the alert details sidebar page.
Note: ACK/SDT functionality is optional and was configured during installation. To reconfigure, return to the configuration dialog (available by clicking on the LogicMonitor icon in the right bar and then the gear icon) and select/deselect the Enable acknowledge and SDT operations from Stride details window option. The access ID and key for your LogicMonitor API token is required to make this change.
The Alert Details page displays more details about the alert, in addition to offering more ACK/SDT functionality and the ability to view graphs related to the alert.
You'll notice that the integration provides a glance view of the alerts that were delivered to the room.
Note: Not all alerts for your LogicMonitor account are displayed here, just the most recent ones delivered to this particular Stride conversation.
You can add ops notes directly from the input action menu. You can specify your own tags and note here with the added functionality of auto scoping. If your note contains a valid LogicMonitor alert ID, we will scope the note to the monitored entity related to the alert.
We've implemented a simple chat bot that you can use to get information about your LogicMonitor account.