Compare the Top Observability Solutions
See how LogicMonitor’s observability suite stacks up in this comprehensive report by G2, the world’s largest B2B software review platform.
2022 Gartner® Hype Cycle™
Gartner® outlines new and emerging monitoring trends in their 2022 “Hype Cycle™ for Monitoring, Observability and Cloud Operations” analyst report.
LM Envision Solution Brief
LM Envision, a unified observability platform, brings together comprehensive monitoring capabilities and enables observability across data centers, public/private clouds, and applications. LM Envision provides correlation, context and clarity to understand the business impact and causes of complex IT incidents. Read the solution brief to learn more!
On-demand webinar: How to eliminate tool sprawl without causing a rebellion
Check out this webinar to learn about the causes of tool sprawl, why Ops teams struggle with it, and how to solve these challenges within your organization.
Our customers say it best
Track your company’s network and devices with LogicMonitor.
It’s great since we don’t have to install bothersome agents on the devices or hardware that we want to monitor. I didn’t even need to consult the instructions or contact customer support when I wanted to add a device; the process is simple and easy to follow.
Feb 12, 2024
The tool for strategic Managed Services partners
SolarWinds had the big breach just as we left it. We loved how powerful it was, and how customizable – however, it is an ON-Prem tool, and as a growing MSP, that dynamic didn’t and couldn’t scale.
Nov 21, 2022
Help businesses spend less time on manual tasks and consolidate existing tools
LogicMonitor dynamically scales with our network’s growth. Whether we add new devices or expand into the cloud, the platform adapts seamlessly, eliminating the need for constant manual configuration. Excels in providing comprehensive visibility into our network infrastructure. It auto-discovers devices and monitors various network components, including servers, switches, routers, and cloud services.
Sep 22, 2023
LogicMonitor vs. the competition
e.g. SolarWinds, CA Broadcom
e.g. Nagios, ScienceLogic
e.g. Datadog, Splunk
- Application microservices
- Log analysis
- Cloud infrastructure & Saas applications
- Container & pods
- Single set of APIs
- Single role-based access control
- Single data platform and visualization
- Network devices
- On-premise servers
- Virtual machines
- Automated onboarding
- Prebuilt integrations
- API-based data collection
- Customizable dashboards
- Data discovery and analysis
- Open collection
- Data de-silozation
- Data management
- Cloud provider health
- Resource and performance inventory
- Spend data monitoring
- Cost monitoring and chargebacks
- ROI Analysis
- ML-based anomaly detection
- Intelligent alerting
- Guided troubleshooting
- Context-based view
- Automated key processes
- Remaining secure
- Delivering responsive support
LogicMonitor’s unified observability platform is a better Datadog alternative
Reduce tool sprawl and unify teams with contextual insights that span infrastructure, applications, and logs in a single platform. LogicMonitor’s AI-based platform goes beyond data to give you actionable insights for your entire tech stack.
- 100% built on OpenTelemetry and OpenMetrics allowing for a vendor neutral approach to better understand the user experience and accelerate business transformation.
- Log intelligence at scale – instant access to contextualized and correlated logs and metrics in a single, unified cloud-based platform. With tiered retention options, including unlimited retention, and hot storage to optimize data hygiene and internal compliance initiatives.
- Never miss an application error, improve code quality, and diagnose and fix issues faster. Gain insight into the performance of the entire app stack, from code to cloud, to ensure a flawless customer experience in agile environments.
AI assistance at scale
LogicMonitor allows enterprises to rise above the limitations of legacy monitoring tools. Our AIOps platform is a future-proof solution that scales with our customers’ expectations – providing these AI-based features to help streamline troubleshooting and proactively prevent issues:
- Automatically surface anomalies and get precise root cause analysis for service-impacting issues.
- Ensure your teams only receive alerts for the issues that matter with dynamic thresholds tuned to your environment.
- Predict future trends and plan utilization with advanced forecasting.
- Visualize dependencies with dynamic topology mapping.
Our story starts with our customers. Rated #1 in support on TrustRadius and #1 in Customer Satisfaction on G2, we provide 24×7 live support with real technical engineers in your region. These engineers work as an extension of your team, enabling rapid results and providing a clear path to digital transformation.
Visibility for ITOps and DevOps to partner in business modernization
LogicMonitor eliminates application and information silos between ITOps & DevOps and prevents context switching with a single view of application services, performance, and infrastructure. Execute and achieve digital transformation initiatives by empowering ITOps & DevOps teams to correlate signals across applications and infrastructure with business outcomes.
Gather, track, trace and measure application performance across hybrid and multi-cloud architectures. Optimize user experience, detect application latency and identify bottlenecks to resolve issues faster, maximize application resiliency and eliminate application silos – delivered via LogicMonitor’s Unified Observability Platform.
Four reasons to choose LogicMonitor over Datadog
The broadest full-stack observability platform for complete visibility
Rapid and automatic deployment for immediate time to value
Datadog requires significant work on the customer’s part when it comes to deploying and maintaining it across thousands of servers. Get the answers you need to solve problems faster with LogicMonitor’s fully automated platform. Our agentless collectors automatically discover, map, and set baselines for complex and distributed infrastructure in a matter of minutes.
Smarter with effortless scaling
Standalone monitoring solutions like those Datadog offers aren’t designed to handle the scale and complexity of the new cloud-native world. With LogicMonitor, you can scale seamlessly and allow your business to better serve customers.
Stay savvy with billing built for the modern age
Datadog bills by high-water marks, and by the hour. Conversely, LogicMonitor bills by monthly averages built with daily snapshots. That means you won’t get snagged with huge usage overages.