It’s Time For Modern Monitoring
Discover why 80%+ of our customers have come from SolarWinds due to a lack of single-pane-of-glass visibility, alert fatigue, missing context in alerts, and problems with monitoring their growing presence in the cloud.
One platform for unified observability
Top five Benefits of LogicMonitor over SolarWinds
(that aren’t the SolarWinds hack)
LogicMonitor’s Effortless onboarding comprehensively collects data from device to cloud, so you can get up and running in as little as 1 hour.
- SolarWinds is reliant on a partner model for lengthy setup and configuration and external third parties for full Professional Services coverage
Easy Public Cloud setup
LogicMonitor comes standard with a powerful, three-step setup wizard for achieving executive-level dashboards and deep-diving technical insights for AWS, GCP, VMware, and Microsoft Azure.
- SolarWinds has no out-of-box monitoring for public cloud and limited coverage once cloud instances are created
LogicMonitor features greater alerting coverage, providing visibility and control with pre-configured alert thresholds and alert severities.
- Some SolarWinds alerts require extra configuration, separate software installations, or information that you may need to request from other departments
Visibility & coverage
With vendor-agnostic monitoring; gain full-stack visibility into thousands of out-of-the-box technologies and decrease manual bandwidth by 75% coming from legacy tools.
- SolarWinds has gaps in coverage and outdated features due to painful, manual upgrades
Agentless deployments increase ROI fast
Unified, agentless technology adds next to no weight to your IT infrastructure. Experience 4x ROI (within your first 6 months)
- The SNMP/agent model used at SolarWinds results in weak support for upkeep and care
More than a platform. A path to success.
See how the LogicMonitor platform paves the way.
Connect lightweight technology & automated deployment
- Install our agentless Collectors onto your servers.
- Devices are recognized and instantly auto-configured based on best practices.
- LogicMonitor starts collecting performance metrics immediately.
Customize your monitoring & streamline your operations
- Dynamic alert thresholds remove noise; workflows and escalation chains are tailored to your environment.
- Directly respond to and manage alerts via email, SMS, Slack, or voice.
- Graph everything from high-level KPIs to granular technical metrics.
Configure all your LogicModules into a single source of truth
- Leverage prebuilt integrations for 2,000+ technologies.
- Easily add custom data sources for any device or API that puts out data.
- Eliminate visibility gaps with topology mapping, anomaly detection, and more.
Collaborate with facts that amplify value
- Customize user privileges with role-based access controls.
- Increase data visibility with shareable dashboards and reports.
- Export business-relevant metrics to your preferred Business Intelligence tools.
Our customers say it best
Simple Effective Event Log and Resource Monitoring/Alerting tool
LogicMonitor is used by our organization to actively monitor servers and cloud infrastructure for both events and resource utilization. Our main objective is to use the tool to detect and alert IT staff of anomalies or other potential downtime that could impact our customers and employees. LogicMonitor is currently deployed to key infrastructures such as VM hosts, domain controllers, critical servers, and Azure resources such as VMs, Frontdoor, Kubernetes, etc.
Nov 21, 2022
LogicMonitor has been a homerun!
LogicMonitor is great for organizations needing to get better visibility into their IT Operations and those needing to reduce workloads so that their IT teams can focus on more strategic projects.
Jul 01, 2022
LogicMonitor: Highly Recommended
LogicMonitor has well-developed out-of-the-box alert thresholds and very effective and flexible notification delivery options
Jun 28, 2022
Using LogicMonitor as a Non-MSP
We’ve recently started to integrate the LM Logs and Configuration monitoring into our system. This has drastically helped in reducing troubleshooting time for issues.
May 17, 2021
LogicMonitor is one of the best monitoring tool I have ever deployed.
LogicMonitor support is very good. Their response time is fast and we didn’t have any issues.
Sep 10, 2020
The Lowdown on LM
[LogicMonitor is] great for keeping an eye on infrastructure at a small scale (office-wide) or large scale (planet-wide).
Dec 18, 2020
LogicMonitor will become your Ops Team process improvement tool
We are a managed services IT staff and use LogicMonitor to support our clients and our own infrastructure. We sell monitoring as a service and Logic Monitor serves a critical role in that service.
Dec 14, 2020
LogicMonitor is Time Saving Magic!
We implemented LogicMonitor to gather more information regarding our servers and appliances with far less configuration compared to previous laborious and custom solutions.
Dec 13, 2020
Second time LogicMonitor customer
LogicMonitor gives us a single pane of glass to view all of our infrastructures; from legacy hardware to bleeding-edge cloud resources. LogicMonitor also provides excellent default thresholds and alerting behavior, giving us huge gains in time for resolution compared to our previous toolset.
Dec 11, 2020
LogicMonitor is how monitoring should be.
The ability to customize reports and dashboards is key as an MSP, because we can present custom tailored dashboards to our customers on request.
Dec 10, 2020
Secure by design… Unlike the other guy.
LogicMonitor’s platform is secure. The following are just some of thernways LogicMonitor ensures user and systems security:
RBAC, 2FA, Encryption of data in transit and at rest.
Secure data collection
Only outbound comms allowed from LM Collector, data encrypted with TLS, LM Collectors securely locked to your environment.
Collectors based on hardened Linux with perimeter and host-based IPS, operated out of top tier DCs and AWS regions, all with top security measures in place.
Minimal personal data stored, device access credentials stored in memory and never written to disk, salted one way hashes used in place of user passwords.
Constant penetration testing ensures maximum security, SOC2 validates our controls for security, high availability and confidentiality.
Trusted by over 2000 companies
- Is LogicMonitor agent-based or agentless?
LogicMonitor uses an agentless collector to gather data for connected devices. No physical equipment necessary!
- How is infrastructure data collected?
Infrastructure data is gathered via Collectors, which are small nodes used to grab the defined metrics within a device.
- Can I monitor more than one cloud provider simultaneously at LogicMonitor?
Companies often use multi-cloud environments to distribute computing resources and minimize the risk of downtime and data loss. LM Cloud applies a comprehensive monitoring strategy to overall cloud performance. It gives users real-time, data-driven insight into every potentially impactful component of their cloud deployment through three fundamental elements: cloud provider monitoring, resource performance monitoring, and detailed ROI analysis.
- What cloud providers does LogicMonitor monitor?
LM Cloud’s three component strategy (resource monitoring, cloud provider availability monitor, and ROI monitoring) does not depend on the cloud provider. Currently supported cloud services include Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform, and SaaS apps such as Office 365, Salesforce, Zoom, or any supported by Atlassian Statuspage.io.
- Is LM’s AIOps really using AI?
Yes. LogicMonitor’s AIOps goes beyond simple machine learning and pattern detection to learn and report based on individual relationships within each company’s tech stack.
- Which network monitoring tool is the best?
LogicMonitor’s cloud-based observability platform is a leader for network monitoring, infrastructure monitoring, and beyond.