CA Applicant Privacy Notice
Job applicants residing in California may opt to review our practices relating to the handling of their personal information.
What is personal information?
In this CA Applicant Notice, “personal information” is any information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular California resident or household.
Are our practices the same for all Applicants?
The categories of personal information we collect about you may vary based upon the position for which you are applying. The information in this Applicant Notice is intended to provide an overall description of our collection of information about Applicants.
Categories of Personal Information Collected
When you apply for a position with us, we request your contact information, a resume, and, depending upon the position, certain additional information. The CCPA has grouped specific types of personal information into categories; below, we have set forth the type of personal information that we collect from you as set forth per the categories established in the CCPA.
- Name, Contact Info and other Identifiers: identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, or other similar identifiers.
- Usage Data: if you apply online, we may collect information about your browsing history on the job site and internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, the referring URL or website that lead you to our website.
- Employment History: professional or employment-related information, and any similar information set forth in your resume.
- Education Information: information about education history or background that is not publicly available personally identifiable information as defined in the federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99).
- Protected Classifications: characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law such as race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, and citizenship status. (Optional).
- Audio/Visual Data: If we conduct your interview by video, we will collect video images from those interviews; we may but do not typically record or store interview footage. In certain locations, our premises are monitored by closed circuit television. If you work at or visit one of those locations, your image and actions may be recorded. We do not typically associate this information with you or your employment record.
- Profiles/Inferences/Testing: As part of your application process, we may ask you to submit to a cognitive assessment, and we will receive the results of that assessment. In addition, where permitted by applicable law, once you receive an offer, we may also ask you to submit to a drug test. Depending on your position, we will receive the pass/fail, or detailed, results of that test.
Purposes for collecting and using personal information
Generally, we may use the above categories of personal information for the following purposes:
- Recruiting, Hiring and Managing, and Evaluating Applicants:
assess, recruit, consider or otherwise manage applicants, candidates and job
- Scheduling and conducting interviews
- Identifying candidates, including by working with external recruiters
- Reviewing, assessing and verifying information provided, to conduct criminal and background checks, and to otherwise screen or evaluate Applicants’ qualifications, suitability and relevant characteristics
- Extending offers, negotiating the terms of offers, and assessing salary and compensation matters
- Satisfying legal and regulatory obligations
- Communicating with Applicants regarding their applications and about other similar position(s) for which they may be interested
- Maintaining Applicant personal information for future consideration
- In support of our equal opportunity employment policy and practices
- Security and Monitoring:
In order to monitor and secure our resources,
network, premises and assets, including:
- Monitoring for, preventing and investigating suspected or alleged misconduct or violations of work rules
- Monitoring for, preventing investigating, and responding to security and privacy incidents
- Providing and managing access to physical and technical access controls
- Monitoring activities, access and use to ensure the security and functioning of our systems and assets
- Securing our offices, premises and physical assets, including through the use of electronic access systems and video monitoring
- Auditing, Accounting and Corporate Governance: Relating to financial, tax and accounting audits, and audits and assessments of our business operations, security controls, financial controls, or compliance with legal obligations, and for other internal business purposes such as administration of our records retention program.
- M&A and Other Business Transactions: For purposes of planning, due diligence and implementation of commercial transactions, for example mergers, acquisitions, asset sales or transfers, bankruptcy or reorganization or other similar business transactions.
- Defending and Protecting Rights: In order to protect and defend our rights and interests and those of third parties, including to manage and respond to employee and other legal disputes, to respond to legal claims or disputes, and to otherwise establish, defend or protect our rights or interests, or the rights, interests, health or safety of others, including in the context of anticipated or actual litigation with third parties
- Compliance with Applicable Legal Obligations: Relating to compliance with applicable legal obligations (such as hiring eligibility, responding to subpoenas and court orders) as well as assessments, reviews and reporting relating to such legal obligations, including under employment and labor laws and regulations, Social security and tax laws, environmental regulations, workplace safety laws and regulations, and other applicable laws, regulations, opinions and guidance.
Review of this Notice
This CA Applicant Notice was last updated in May 2020.
Any questions regarding this CA Applicant Notice and our recruiting privacy practices should be sent by email to privacy[at]logicmonitor.com or by writing to LogicMonitor, 820 State St. Floor 5, Santa Barbara CA 93101. Alternately you may contact us by phone at 805-617-3884.