In this California Applicant Privacy Notice (the “CA Applicant Notice”),
LogicMonitor (“we”,”our” or “us”) describes
our collection and use of certain personal information relating to individuals that apply for
jobs with us (“Applicants”) as required under the California
Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). We may provide you with additional
notices about our data collection practices that are covered by other laws (e.g., if we conduct
a background check). Please note that this CA Applicant Notice also does not cover any
information that we may collect about you in your capacity as a customer with us, which are
What is personal information?
In this CA Applicant Notice, “personal information” is any information that
identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could
reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular California resident or
Are our practices the same for all Applicants?
The categories of personal information we collect about you may vary based upon the position for
which you are applying. The information in this Applicant Notice is intended to provide an
overall description of our collection of information about Applicants.
Categories of Personal Information Collected
When you apply for a position with us, we request your contact information, a resume, and,
depending upon the position, certain additional information. The CCPA has grouped specific types
of personal information into categories; below, we have set forth the type of personal
information that we collect from you as set forth per the categories established in the
- Name, Contact Info and other Identifiers: identifiers such as a real name,
alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol
address, email address, or other similar identifiers.
- Usage Data: if you apply online, we may collect information about your
browsing history on the job site and internet or other electronic network activity
information, including, but not limited to, the referring URL or website that lead you to
- Employment History: professional or employment-related information, and any
similar information set forth in your resume.
- Education Information: information about education history or background
that is not publicly available personally identifiable information as defined in the federal
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99).
- Protected Classifications: characteristics of protected classifications
under California or federal law such as race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin,
disability, and citizenship status. (Optional).
- Audio/Visual Data: If we conduct your interview by video, we will collect
video images from those interviews; we may but do not typically record or store interview
footage. In certain locations, our premises are monitored by closed circuit television. If
you work at or visit one of those locations, your image and actions may be recorded. We do
not typically associate this information with you or your employment record.
- Profiles/Inferences/Testing: As part of your application process, we may
ask you to submit to a cognitive assessment, and we will receive the results of that
assessment. In addition, where permitted by applicable law, once you receive an offer, we
may also ask you to submit to a drug test. Depending on your position, we will receive the
pass/fail, or detailed, results of that test.
Purposes for collecting and using personal information
Generally, we may use the above categories of personal information for the following
- Recruiting, Hiring and Managing, and Evaluating Applicants:
assess, recruit, consider or otherwise manage applicants, candidates and job
- Scheduling and conducting interviews
- Identifying candidates, including by working with external recruiters
- Reviewing, assessing and verifying information provided, to conduct criminal and
background checks, and to otherwise screen or evaluate Applicants’ qualifications,
suitability and relevant characteristics
- Extending offers, negotiating the terms of offers, and assessing salary and
- Satisfying legal and regulatory obligations
- Communicating with Applicants or their designee (e.g., recruiter) regarding their applications and about other similar
position(s) for which they may be interested
- Maintaining Applicant personal information for future consideration
- In support of our equal opportunity employment policy and practices
- Security and Monitoring:
In order to monitor and secure our resources,
network, premises and assets, including:
- Monitoring for, preventing and investigating suspected or alleged misconduct or
violations of work rules
- Monitoring for, preventing investigating, and responding to security and privacy
- Providing and managing access to physical and technical access controls
- Monitoring activities, access and use to ensure the security and functioning of our
systems and assets
- Securing our offices, premises and physical assets, including through the use of
electronic access systems and video monitoring
- Auditing, Accounting and Corporate Governance: Relating to financial, tax
and accounting audits, and audits and assessments of our business
operations, security controls, financial controls, or compliance with legal obligations, and
for other internal business purposes such as administration of our records retention
M&A and Other Business Transactions:
For purposes of planning, due diligence and implementation of commercial transactions, for
example mergers, acquisitions, asset sales or transfers, bankruptcy or reorganization or
other similar business transactions.
Defending and Protecting Rights:
In order to protect and defend our rights and interests and those of third parties,
to manage and respond to employee and other legal disputes, to respond to legal claims or
disputes, and to otherwise establish, defend or protect our rights or interests, or the
rights, interests, health or safety of others, including in the context of anticipated or
actual litigation with third parties
Compliance with Applicable Legal Obligations:
Relating to compliance with applicable legal obligations (such as hiring eligibility,
responding to subpoenas and court orders) as well as assessments, reviews and reporting
relating to such legal obligations, including under employment and labor laws and
regulations, Social security and tax laws, environmental regulations, workplace safety laws
and regulations, and other applicable laws, regulations, opinions and guidance.
Review of this Notice
This CA Applicant Notice was last updated in May 2020.
Any questions regarding this CA Applicant Notice and our recruiting privacy practices should be
sent by email to privacy[at]logicmonitor.com or by writing to LogicMonitor, 820 State St. Floor
5, Santa Barbara CA 93101. Alternately you may contact us by phone at 805-617-3884.