LogicMonitor Women in STEM Scholarship 2023
LogicMonitor seeks to increase the percentage of women in the STEM workforce, and is announcing a scholarship for Women pursuing careers in STEM. THREE recipients will be awarded a $6000 scholarship for the 2023 school year, starting in the Fall 2023 semester.
Empowering Women in STEM
Currently, Women compose less than 30% of the science and engineering workforce. LogicMonitor seeks to increase the percentage of women in the STEM workforce, and is announcing a scholarship for Women pursuing careers in STEM. Three recipients will be awarded a $6000 scholarship for the 2023 school year, starting in the Fall 2023 semester.
Who is Eligible?
- Identify as a Woman
- Have completed at least 1 year of college prior to fall 2023
- Be pursuing an undergraduate degree (associates or bachelors) in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics
- Be enrolled in an accredited 2 or 4 year college/university in the United States for the 2023 school year
LogicMonitor Announces 2023 Women in STEM Scholarship Winners
LogicMonitor announced the third annual recipients of its Women in STEM Scholarship: Kamina Griffin from Spelman College, Tanisha Francis from Kettering University, and Dahlia Vargas from CUNY Hunter.
LogicMonitor Announces 2022 Women in STEM Scholarship Winners￼
LogicMonitor announced that the winning recipients of its 2022 Women in STEM Scholarship are Abigail Battick, Vanessa Herrera, and Erial Pierr.
LogicMonitor Announces 2021 Women in STEM Scholarship Winner
LogicMonitor announced that the winning recipient of its first-ever Women in STEM Scholarship is Georgetown University student, Briana Valle.
The scholarship application period has closed
The 2023 Scholarship has closed. Information about the recipients can be found here.
Check back in October 2023 for the 2024 Women in STEM scholarship!
- When are applications due?
Applications are due by March 31, 2023. The recipient will be announced in May.
- What qualifies as a field in STEM?
- Is there an age limit?
No! We encourage women of all ages currently enrolled to apply.
- Can anyone identifying as a woman apply?
Yes! If you identify as a woman you are welcome to apply.
- Should I have received an email confirmation after submitting my application?
Yes, successful applications should receive an email. Check your spam folder, and reach out to [email protected] if you do not receive an email confirmation of your submission within 24 hours.
- Can International students apply?
International students are welcome to apply, so long as they are attending a US-based school. US-based schools offering study-abroad are also allowed.
- How is the award distributed and will I be taxed?
Funds will be sent directly to the recipient’s school. Recipients may be taxed for the award and are responsible for the payment of any applicable federal, state, and local taxes associated with their acceptance and receipt of any award.
- I’m currently in high school, but have earned enough college credits to be considered in my second year of school. Can I apply?
No. The scholarship is currently only offered to those who will have been in college for at least 1 year prior to the fall 2023 school year.
- My school credits are spread out over multiple years, Can I apply?
Yes! If you have enough college credits to be considered sophomore status or further, you can apply, regardless of whether you had to take any breaks from college, had a light course load over multiple years, were taking night classes, etc.
- I am currently attending community college, can I still apply?
Yes! Students enrolled in any US college or university that awards degrees are welcome to apply.
- Can post-graduate, second degree, masters and doctorate students apply?
At this time, the scholarship is only open to those pursuing their first undergraduate degree in STEM.
- I’ve already completed my associates degree and am now pursuing a bachelor’s degree in STEM, can I still apply?
Yes! If you completed an Associate’s degree and are now pursuing an undergraduate bachelor degree in STEM you may apply.
- I’m currently pursuing an associate degree in a non-stem field, but plan on pursuing a bachelor’s degree in a STEM major after. Can I apply?
No. The scholarship will only be awarded to someone who is currently majoring in STEM.
- Will there be anything else I’ll need to submit after my application?
The recipient awarded the scholarship will be asked to provide the following:
- A picture and short bio to use on LM’s social media and website
- Official transcripts may or may not be asked from applicants
- Signed affidavit and release
Please be advised that, because LogicMonitor, Inc. is not a charitable foundation, you may be responsible for the payment of any applicable federal, state and local taxes associate with the school’s acceptance and receipt of the scholarship amount on your behalf. Please consult with your tax advisor.
What does LogicMonitor do for education?
LogicMonitor currently works with dozens of colleges and universities to help monitor their complete IT stack.