Cloud services monitoring for AWS
LM Cloud simplifies cloud monitoring, and delivers comprehensive visibility into AWS infrastructure health and performance that is otherwise challenging to obtain.
This visibility is achieved with a cloud monitoring strategy that includes the three components critical to measuring overall health of cloud infrastructure:
- Resource Performance Monitoring
- AWS Availability Monitoring
- ROI Monitoring
The strategy behind LM Cloud is unique, because it goes beyond traditional resource level performance and availability data. LM Cloud provides visibility into all of the components that have the potential to impact the health of your AWS-backed infrastructure and services.
Benefits for AWS
- Make migrations to the cloud more manageable and cost-predictable with LM Cloud’s complete cloud monitoring strategy
- Get instant visibility into your cloud deployment with automated discovery of resources across regions, services, and accounts
- Eliminate gaps in monitoring with out of the box application and OS level metrics that go beyond data collected via CloudWatch
- Troubleshoot faster by correlating configuration and performance changes with LM Cloud’s custom event integrations
- Visualize the health of your cloud deployment with automated dashboards and reports
- Avoid unavailability due to AWS-imposed service limits or scheduled maintenance for critical services
- Be the first to know of AWS availability issues that may impact your services
- Optimize spend and monitor ROI with detailed billing analysis, automated alerts and forecasting functionality
Resource Performance Monitoring
AWS CloudWatch metrics
LM Cloud monitors AWS CloudWatch metrics for AWS services out-of-the-box, with no collector or agent needed. Once in the LogicMonitor platform, you’ll benefit from up to two year data retention with no loss in granularity. Additionally, built-in alert thresholds based on best practices mean you’ll automatically start receiving alerts for non-performant resources.
LogicMonitor Collector metrics
Deploy a LogicMonitor Collector inside your AWS environment to take advantage of LogicMonitor’s thousands of pre-configured LogicModules. With a Collector, you’ll receive more granular performance metrics than those reported via CloudWatch, like operating system and application level metrics – right out of the box.
For a list of supported services and monitored metrics, see our documentation
AWS Availability Monitoring
The availability and performance of applications running in AWS are dependent on the availability and performance of AWS itself. LM Cloud measures the availability of AWS from two different perspectives:
- As reported by AWS
- As reported by a LogicMonitor Collector deployed outside of AWS
Availability issues reported by AWS automatically trigger alerts that can be routed to an individual, team or system via LogicMonitor’s built-in alerting and escalation functionality. If a LogicMonitor Collector is deployed outside of AWS, as is recommended, AWS API availability is additionally measured via the AWS SDK. AWS API availability can be critical to application performance, as it is often a requirement for communication between AWS services.
LM Cloud additionally provides monitoring for all AWS scheduled events (e.g. reboot, maintenance, retirement) and automatically generates alerts that display the time until the event is scheduled to occur.
Visualize this availability monitoring data alongside resource performance to better understand when performance issues are a result of unavailable AWS services.
Service Limit Utilization
LM Cloud provides instant visibility into AWS Service Limit Utilization, and displays this data alongside resource performance and billing data for your AWS account. Take advantage of pre-configured thresholds to receive alerts when you approach AWS limits for EC2, AutoScaling, SES and more. Proactively request increases in service limits based on monitored data to ensure sufficient scalability for burstable workloads.
LM Cloud provides monitoring of AWS spend, enabling you to see at a glance where you can cut costs and optimize your bill. Monitored billing data can be broken down per service, region, tag or account id. LogicMonitor’s forecasting functionality can be used to predict future spend based on historical spend. Built-in alerting functionality enables you to ensure that you are notified when cost exceeds budget.
Reserved Instance Tracker
LM Cloud automatically discovers and monitors AWS reserved instance offers. Track time until expiration across multiple offers and visualize alongside a detailed spend analysis. Avoid surprise price increases with automatic alerts prior to offer expiration.