- Your monitoring solution should make your life easier, not harder.
- Monitoring should not have to be a full time job.
- Data collection, alerting, trending and reporting should all be integrated.
- Everyone in IT/Ops should be able to use your monitoring – not just the person that set it up.
- Monitoring should tell people about changes in your infrastructure – not be dependent on humans to know of changes.
- Data should be presented in a way that enlightens everyone – from IT and Ops to the CFO and CEO.
- Monitoring should be outside your own infrastructure. And your cloud provider’s infrastructure.
- Using more than one monitoring tool for all your infrastructure is inefficient. Using less than one is crazy.
- Your IT and Ops people can add much more value to your business if they are not stuck doing monitoring.
- Owning your own monitoring infrastructure does not add value to your business. Unless you are a monitoring company.
Steve Francis is an employee at LogicMonitor.
Subscribe to our LogicBlog to stay updated on the latest developments from LogicMonitor and get notified about blog posts from our world-class team of IT experts and engineers, as well as our leadership team with in-depth knowledge and decades of collective experience in delivering a product IT professionals love.