LogicMonitor respects your privacy, and has developed the following policy to explain how we handle and protect individuals' personal information.
Please note that you may be entitled to additional protections if you are a resident of California, the European Union, and certain other countries. Please see our California Privacy Addendum and EEA Privacy Addendum locations for further information. In addition, certain of our other policies may apply to our relationship with you depending on how you interact with us. For example, the Data Processing Addendum to our Terms of Service describes our handling of customers’ personal information within the LogicMonitor service.
Who are we?
LogicMonitor is the premium SaaS-based solution for information technology systems health and performance monitoring. Our business operates out of locations around the globe. If you submit information to us through this website, then the data controller for your information is LogicMonitor, Inc., 820 State Street, 5th Floor, Santa Barbara, California. The data controller for data submitted through means other than this website will be the local LogicMonitor entity with which you do business; a complete list can be found on our Contact page. In some circumstances, both the US entity and a local entity will be the data controller based on your interaction with us.
How do we collect information from you?
LogicMonitor may obtain information about you by various means.
Information We Collect Directly From You
Most commonly this is when you use our websites, including www.logicmonitor.com, communities.logicmonitor.com, and any others that link to this Policy that we maintain (collectively, our “Websites”). Also we may collect information about you when you:
- Visit us at trade shows and events
- Register or attend our webinars
- Click-through our online advertisements
- Apply for a job (Please see our separate notice for applicants)
- Sign up for our services (e.g., in your capacity as a representative of your business)
- Contact us, including through our chat feature, with an inquiry, for troubleshooting, or for any other purpose
- Post on our social media pages
Information We Obtain from Other Sources
We also collect information about you from the following sources:
- Employers: Your employer provides us with your contact information in order set up and maintain user accounts and for other purposes related to the administration of our customer relationship with your employer.
- Channel Partners (Resellers, Distributors): We collect information about you from our channel partners (including resellers and distributors), who share information about prospects with us so that we may offer our products and services to those prospects.
- Lead generation tools: We collect information from lead generation tools, including ones through which we purchase prospect lists, and understand that they have attained required consent, where required by applicable law, to collect your personal information and share that information with us.
- Other Portfolio Companies: Where permitted by applicable law, our investors, or other portfolio companies within the our investors’ portfolio, and our affiliates, may provide us with business contact information if they believe that our products might be of interest to you.
Information we Collect Automatically
We also collect information about you automatically as you use our Websites and services available through our Websites, which includes your IP address or other device identifiers and the usage information described below.
What type of information is collected from you?
We may collect the following information:
- Biographical and contact information: your name, company, job title, email address, phone number.
- Usage Information: your IP address, device identifier, and page you clicked before coming to our Websites, information regarding what pages you accessed and when.
- Purchase History/Customer Records: we obtain information about your purchase of products from us.
- Profiles: we may analyze information about the products that you have purchased from us, or your behavior online, to identify products and services that we believe may be of interest to you.
- Audio: we may record calls with you for quality assurance, training, and analytics purposes.
How is your information used?
We may use your information to contact you for the following reasons:
- Transactional purposes, such as providing the requested services.
- Customer service, such as responding to your inquiries.
- Communication, such as responding to your requests for assistance or relevant updates.
- Marketing, such as to providing you with promotions we are offering, offering educational information, to inviting you to events, and telling you about our products.
- Administration, such as managing our inventory, maintaining our Websites, including debugging and repairing.
- Evaluating use of our Services, including which features of our Websites are of most interest.
- Research and development, such as improving our Websites and products, and asking your opinion about our products and the market.
- Legal compliance, such as responding to a subpoena or court order.
- To protect our rights and interests and that of other users
- For analytics purposes, to assist us in determine what products and services are of interest to consumers, to improve our products, to determine segments of persons that might be interested in our products and services.
When Do We Disclose Your Information?
We may share your information, including personal information, in the following circumstances:
- Service Providers: We share your data with service providers that act on our behalf. Some examples include parties that provide marketing support, website hosting services providers, CRM services, analysis and public relations. Business Partners: In some cases we may provide services/or sell product lines jointly with selected business partners in which case we may provide such partners with the information necessary for such purpose.
- Channel Partners (including Resellers, and Distributors): We may share information about you with these entities to assist us in providing a requested service to you.
- Our Investors: We disclose aggregate data about the use of our products to our investors. In limited circumstances, and where permitted by law, we may disclose personal information, including business contact information, of entities that purchase our products to our investors where we believe it necessary to do so to protect our own rights and interests, the rights and interests of other persons, or where we believe that the entity may be interested in a product offered by a different portfolio company.
We also may disclose your information in the following circumstances:
- We may transfer your personal information to another entity as part of a sale of our business/assets or as part of any business restructuring, reorganization or other corporate transaction.
If you no longer wish to receive email marketing or telemarketing calls from us, you may opt-out by following the instructions contained in the email (for marketing by email) or by contacting us at by email at privacy[at]logicmonitor.com or by phone at 805-617-3884 (for any type of marketing). Please note that we may continue to communicate transactional/informational messages to you by email or phone about the products that you have purchased from us for service, product updates, and related purposes.
How you can access and update your information?
The accuracy of your information is important to us. If you would like to update the personal information we hold to ensure its accuracy, please contact us by email via privacy[at]logicmonitor.com or by writing to LogicMonitor, 820 State St. Floor 5, Santa Barbara, California 93101. Alternately, you may contact us by phone at 805-617-3884.
You also have the right to ask for a copy of your personal information held by LogicMonitor. To exercise this right please contact us by any means noted above.
Security precautions in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information
We have implemented commercially reasonable measures in an effort to protect your personal information. No measures, however, are 100% secure, and we recommend that you take steps to also prevent inadvertent access to your personal information.
Use of “cookies” and Other Tracking Technologies
The websites operated by LogicMonitor use “cookies” – small text files stored on a user’s computer for record-keeping purposes. By showing how and when visitors use the Websites, cookies help us see which areas are popular and which are not. Many improvements and updates to our Websites are based on such data as total number of visitors, pages viewed, and information/documents downloaded. We use the information from cookies and other tracking technologies to improve our products and services as well as to provide services better tailored to our users’ needs.
We use service providers such as Google Tag Manager to help us provide advertisements to you that are tailored to you based on interests that you have expressed on our Websites or elsewhere (“Interest-Based Ads”). Any advertisements served by Google, Inc., and affiliated companies may be controlled using cookies. These cookies allow Google to display ads based on your visits to this Websites. Any tracking done by Google through cookies and other mechanisms is subject to Google’s own privacy policies. You may decide to opt-out of Google cookies by clicking here. Also, you can use Ads Settings to manage the Google ads you see and opt out of interest-based ads delivered by Google.
It is possible to switch off cookies by setting your browser preferences. Please consult your browser’s documentation for details.
We also may place trackers, through service providers, in the emails that we send to you. These trackers help us determine whether the email was opened and viewed and assist us in evaluating the overall success of our marketing campaigns.
Users may opt out of many ad networks. For example, you may go to the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Consumer Choice Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and their choices regarding having information used by DAA companies. You may also go to the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) Consumer Opt-Out Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and their choices regarding having information used by NAI members.
Opting out from one or more companies listed on the DAA Consumer Choice Page or the NAI Consumer Opt-Out Page will opt you out from those companies’ delivery of interest-based content or ads to you, but it does not mean you will no longer receive any advertising through our Websites or on other websites. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing (i.e., contextually based ads). Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you opt out on the DAA or NAI websites, your opt out may not be effective. Additional information is available on the DAA’s website at www.aboutads.info or the NAI’s website at www.networkadvertising.org.
Please also see our discussion regarding our use of Google Tag Manager in the preceding section.
Links to other websites
LogicMonitor’s websites may contain links to other websites run by other organizations. This Policy applies only to our Websites‚ so we encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit. We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other sites even if you access them using links from our Websites.
In addition, if you linked to our Websites from a third-party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third-party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third-party site.
Review of this Policy
This Policy was last updated in May 2020.
Since we may change this Policy from time to time, please check back occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. By using our Websites, you’re agreeing to be bound by this Policy.
Any questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to privacy[at]logicmonitor.com or by writing to LogicMonitor, 820 State St. Floor 5, Santa Barbara, California 93101. Alternately you may contact us by phone at 805-617-3884.
We also maintain notices of our applicant privacy practices for residents of US/California as well as our international locations, which describe our obligations for handling the personal data of individuals that apply for employment with LogicMonitor.