Tomorrow is Juneteenth, an important day that commemorates the ending of slavery in the United States. On June 19, 1865, enslaved people in Galveston, TX were freed, over two years after the Emancipation Proclamation went into effect. At LogicMonitor, we are proud to recognize this day, and many LMers around the world are using this time to volunteer or impact positive change in other ways in their communities. But tomorrow also serves as a reminder that we need to support equality and inclusion on a daily basis.
The Time Is Now
Respect for our coworkers, partners, and customers, no matter their background, has always been a foundational part of our LM company culture. We operate as #OneTeam, and we believe that every individual has equal value in this world. We treasure the power of human differences and recognize that building a culture of respect, diversity, equality, and inclusion (DEI) is an essential part of our workplace and company.
Does that mean that we already have it perfect in terms of workforce diversity or initiatives? No, there is always more work to do. But we are leaning into our #BetterEveryDay value as we continue to make strides to advance respect, diversity, and inclusiveness. In the words of the great Helen Keller, “Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it.” And while this is an ongoing push, today I wanted to share some of the ways in which our organization is advancing DEI initiatives in hopes that your organization may be inspired to do the same.
Empowering LMers to Learn, Participate, and Impact Change
- At LogicMonitor, we fund and support strong and vibrant LMer Community Groups, which helps LMers listen, learn, share, advocate, celebrate and catalyze change.
- LM has a Guiding Coalition of leaders from throughout the organization to help support a diverse and inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect.
- LM partners with Vista and other Vista portfolio companies on diversity and inclusion initiatives to facilitate the exchange of great ideas.
- We are exploring Implicit Bias training for all employees to help combat discrimination.
- We are launching a new Speaker Series that will allow all employees to listen to and learn from speakers with diverse perspectives.
- LM supports the LBGTQI+ community with annual Pride celebrations and internal resources.
- We have enabled donations via our internal rewards points system to connect employees with important causes and make it easy for them to get involved.
Creating Opportunity for Underrepresented Groups Battling for Equality in Society
- Through ongoing InternX + Code2College + Girls Who Code partnerships, LM is excited to support underrepresented groups in the wonderful world of tech careers.
- Increase hiring of a diverse workforce: LogicMonitor is enhancing our efforts in recruiting and attracting a diverse candidate pool. We commit to attending events that attract top talent from Black and other underrepresented groups (i.e. Afrotech, The Black is Tech Conference, Summit 21, etc.); improving diversity in our interview panels; continuing to review job descriptions for inclusive wording, and using data and the CCAT to assist with fair and unbiased hiring.
- Data: We are expanding our tracking progress in growing a diverse workforce, including benchmarking and holding ourselves accountable for sustaining progress.
There’s a long way to go in the push for inclusion for everyone. LogicMonitor supports LMers as we collectively pursue healing, improvement, hope, and ultimately push towards a society where there is justice for all and individuals can equally enjoy life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness without that pursuit being tainted, derailed, or thwarted due to the color of one’s skin, one’s race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, or other personal factors or beliefs. These are powerful, pretty, and necessary words to start with; but we loathe the thought of simply stating them and feeling good about ourselves. We believe LogicMonitor’s culture has been built upon them from the start — but we can and will strive to do better. This will be a forever journey. And I am proud to work for a company committed to continuously making strides forward on that journey. #BetterEveryDay.