The time is now
LogicMonitor is growing–fast. In the last two years, LogicMonitor has doubled its employee headcount. But even with this rapid growth, we never forget the importance of inclusion and diversity. In fact, these important pillars are at the very forefront and the foundation of our growth. Myriad statistics indicate a correlation between organizational diversity and greater overall success. However, a diverse organization is not something that can be achieved overnight. It’s a constant work-in-progress that depends on the support of every employee.
LogicMonitor is not only committed to building a diverse workforce, but celebrating that diversity as well. Here are some ways that our commitment to diversity is woven into the fiber of our business (although we still have room to grow!):
- Inclusive job descriptions: We use cutting edge tools to ensure that our job descriptions encourage inclusive language in all job postings.
- Consistent hiring process: We have a consistent process that helps eliminate bias by ensuring that every single candidate is treated fairly and equally, from Interns to Executive Leadership candidates. Every candidate has the same resume review, is asked the same interview questions, and goes through the same steps. We also employ a pre employment assessment to all candidates, which can also reduce bias in the process.
- Discrimination training: As part of onboarding, every employee goes through discrimination training. This sets a precedent of tolerable behavior at LogicMonitor, and prepares employees as they’re tapped to be interviewers.
- Interview training: As part of our interviewer training process, interviewers are refreshed on consistent hiring practices- such as avoiding any questions or behaviors that could have the potential for bias.
All that said, we know we have areas where improvement is still needed. LogicMonitor is building out relationships with diverse college groups and organizations. We’re also looking to incorporate Diversity Interview Panels, a step that companies like Cisco have incorporated with great success, to improve the candidate experience and further eliminate unconscious bias.
As important as it to make sure we’re bringing in diverse talent, employee equity and inclusion is critical to LogicMonitor as well. We want to always create an environment where everyone feels comfortable bringing their whole selves to work. Some examples in action of this include:
- Commitment from the top: Our Executive Leadership Team is personally and professionally committed to diversity. Every summer, LogicMonitor hires interns from InternX, a program that Vista Equity Partners started to provide career opportunities to underrepresented communities in tech. As our CEO, Kevin McGibben, said in a recent company e-mail, “LogicMonitor is built on a foundation of respect for each other, a belief that every individual has equal value, a commitment to integrity in action, and an environment of diversity and inclusiveness where we treasure our differences.”
- Support for LBGTQI+ community: In August 2019, LogicMonitor sponsored the Pride Festivities in Austin, TX. We made pride-friendly LogicMonitor T-Shirts available for all LM Employees to wear during the weekend-long festival and parade. A few LogicMonitor employees also marched in the city-wide parade. During June 2019, which is globally recognized as Pride Month, LogicMonitor Santa Barbara hosted the Pacific Pride Foundation, who provided LMers with resources and information about the LGBTQI+ community. LogicMonitor will also be hosting an internal Virtual Pride Event in June 2020.
- Employee Resource Groups: LogicMonitor encourages robust employee engagement and discussion around various topics, examples are some of our ERGs- Women@LM, LM Cares, Pride@LM, and People of Color.
- Supporting minority-owned businesses: Lastly, in accordance with the Diversity Holiday calendar, our monthly company lunches are ordered from businesses associated with making positive steps to support diversity and inclusion. For example, in April 2019, to recognize Autism Awareness Month, we ordered from Kyle’s Kitchen, a known supporter of the Autism Community in Santa Barbara.
With the help of all of our team members, we continue to run a number of initiatives to make LogicMonitor a company where everyone feels not only included, but celebrated.
In the future LogicMonitor will continue to explore ways to successfully build and celebrate team members. We hope to see our employee resource groups expand and blossom, and will extend existing partnerships with organizations committed to empowering underrepresented talent in the workforce. LogicMonitor is committed to being better every day (one of our three core company values!) I’m proud to work for a company who values a diverse set of perspectives to solve issues, and I’m looking forward to seeing what the future holds!