Editing the Collector Config Files
LogicMonitor Collectors have configuration files that can be used to control their behavior.
These configuration files are located in the collector's installation directory, under the conf directory. The default file path is:
- Linux: /usr/local/logicmonitor/agent/conf
- Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\LogicMonitor\Agent\conf
You can view these files in your LogicMonitor account, under Settings | Collectors | Manage | Support | Collector Configuration. It is highly recommended that any changes to the configuration files are made via the LogicMonitor UI, since there are safeguards in place to prevent errors. Manually modifying the local Collector configuration files should be done at your own risk.
Most settings in the Collector configuration files won't need to be changed. However, in the event that you need to modify your Collector configuration, you can do so by selecting "Edit config manually" and changing the desired parameters. A couple of frequently changed settings are:
- debug.disable=true - Set to true to prevent any remote debug commands from operating on that collector. This may be useful for collectors installed on systems in secure zones.
- remotesession.disable=true - Set to true to prevent any remote session commands from operating on that collector. This may be useful for collectors installed on systems in secure zones.
- proxy.enable - Set to true to configure communication via a proxy. This is useful if your environment does not allow the Collector to directly connect with the LogicMonitor datacenters.