With our granular storage engine, we store every sample of your time-series data for the term defined in your service agreement (3 months to 2+ years), subject to the other data retention schedules below.
LogicMonitor runs under the assumption that higher data resolution helps when actively involved in the forensic analysis of an issue. After that, long term trends are more useful. As such, data is aggregated in widgets and graphs to avoid choppy overwhelming graphs. You can, however, zoom in to see granular historical data where desired.
Other data retention schedules
- Entries in the Audit Log are equivalent to the alert retention (history) specified in your LogicMonitor package.
- Collector event history is stored for 7 days.
- The history of a deleted instance is kept for 30 days. If the instance is rediscovered or added again during that period, the history is available.
- Alert history is kept between 30 days to 2 years, depending on your plan, subject to a maximum of 10,000 alerts.
- No history is kept for a host once the resource is deleted.
- No history is kept for a DataSource on a resource when that datasource is no longer associated with the resource.