Resource Metric Trends ReportLast updated on 27 March, 2023
The Resource Metric Trends report displays minimum, maximum, average, percentage change, and sum values for any datapoint that is available for a resource or resource group. This information is formatted as a table and can include graphs for each resource, DataSource, and datapoint. This report allows you to review recent performance metrics across a group of resources.
Note: If you want to report on CPU trends for a group of devices, use the Server CPU Report.
Configuring a Resource Metric Trends Report
To add a new Resource Metric Trends report:
- Select Reports > Add Report > Resource Metric Trends to open the report settings.
- (Required) Enter a Name. Report names cannot include the operators and comparison functions used in LogicMonitor’s datapoint expression syntax.
- Enter a Description. For example, describe the specific purpose of the report.
- (Required) Enter a Report Group to set where your report will be stored. Matching groups will display as you type and you can select them from the list.
- Set the report’s output Format, which can be HTML, CSV, or PDF.
- Set the Report Availability. This option specifies how long the generated report remains available online.
Resource Metric Trends Settings
- Select at least one Resource Group or Resource to use in your report. This selection will restrict your report to the data in these Resource Groups and Resources. You can use explicit names or glob expressions in these fields.
Note: You can select a combination of both glob and distinct values to specify your resources and resource groups. For more information, see Using Glob in your LogicMonitor Portal.
2. Define the Datapoints to include in your report. These datapoints will be pulled on from the resources you specified.
You can enter datapoint calculations, such as
InOctets*8/1000/1000, into the Datapoint field. You can use a calculation to convert the units of your collected data without defining a datapoint definition.
3. Select Top 10 only to limit the report’s results to the top 10 values.
4. Select Scale by units of 1024 to change the scale of the graph. By default, the graph is scaled by units of 1000.
5. By default, this report is sorted by resources. Use Sort By to select a sort order based on instances or datapoints.
6. Select the Report Format to be Text only or to include graphs. You can choose to include one graph per Device Group, Device, DataSource, Instance, or Datapoint.
7. Under Columns, you can select and unselect columns that you want to show or hide in your report.
Report Schedule Settings
You can use the Report Schedule settings to schedule recurring reports that will email the results to the configured addresses.
- Select Generate this report on a schedule.
- Select the Frequency that you want this report to run.
- Select the time or day that the report will run. This option will depend on the Frequency you selected previously.
- Set the time zone for the report.
- Enter one or more Recipients email addresses.
Note: Upon configuring or editing a delivery schedule, your report will be generated and emailed immediately if it has not been generated within the last 24 hours. After that, emailed delivery will only occur according to the schedule.
Save the Report
When you finish configuring your report, you can:
- Click Save to save the report and its parameters.
- Click Save and Run to save and run the new report to review its output.
Adhoc Requests Thresholds (Limit for number of graphs)
Scheduled Requests Thresholds
Adhoc Requests Thresholds (Limit for number of instances)
Scheduled Requests Thresholds