- About LogicMonitor
- Cloud Monitoring
- Dashboards and Widgets
- Getting Started
- Implementation Readiness
- I just signed up for LogicMonitor, now what?
- Advanced LogicMonitor Setup
- LogicMonitor Security Best Practices
- Defining Authentication Credentials
- Adding devices when they boot
- Network scanning for additional devices
- Credentials for Accessing Remote Windows Computers
- Why am I receiving account lock out alerts?
- Running without Administrator Privileges in Windows
- How do I get support resources?
- LM Service Insight
- Rest API Developers Guide
- RPC API Developers Guide - Deprecated
- Servicenow CMDB Integration
- Terminology and Syntax
LogicMonitor roles allow you to limit the access for each user in your LogicMonitor account to just what is needed.
You can add roles from the Settings | Roles section of your LogicMonitor account. Configure the specific permissions that you want to grant to the role. If you specify that no permissions should be granted for a particular tab of the account, that tab will not show up at all for any user with the role applied.
Add users from the Settings | Users section of your account. For every user, you must specify which sections of the account the user should be able to see and what role should be applied to the user:
Note: To configure permissions that allows a user to view or manage only part of a particular section of your account, deselect the View Permission for that section and apply a role that grants view or manage permissions for the specific part you want to grant access to.
The following demonstration shows how to add roles and users:
After you’ve added users to your account, you can set up your alert routing to ensure that these users are notified when an issue occurs.
In this Article: