Zoom MonitoringLast updated on 28 December, 2022
Zoom is a Cloud-based platform that provides services including video conferencing, online meetings, chat, and mobile collaboration. LogicMonitor offers monitoring for Zoom by default. You can monitor different aspects of your Zoom service, including room health and global user statistics.
- Install the Zoom LogicModules. For more information, see Zoom LogicModules.
- You must be an administrator of an active Zoom account.
Adding a JWT App
Before adding a new Zoom SaaS resource to LogicMonitor, you need to create and register a JWT app in the Zoom App Marketplace. For more information, see Create a JWT App in the Zoom documentation.
- From your Zoom App Marketplace, select Develop > Build App.
- Select JWT > Create.
- In the Information section, enter the Basic Information about your LogicMonitor application and the Developer Contact Information.
- In App Credentials, copy the API Key and API Secret and save them to a secure location.
- Select Continue.
Note: LogicMonitor collects metrics from the Zoom API. For more information on this API, see the Zoom API Reference.
Adding Zoom to LogicMonitor
Zoom monitoring is added from the LogicMonitor Resources page. The SaaS Monitoring wizard guides you through the setup. You have the option to add new resource properties to your Zoom instance, or to select existing properties.
- In LogicMonitor, navigate to Resources and select Add [+].
- From the Add Resources window, select Cloud and SaaS.
- Navigate to the SaaS Monitoring section and select Zoom > Add.
- From the SaaS Monitoring wizard’s Name page, enter a Name and Description for the Zoom account. These fields determine how the resource is displayed throughout your LogicMonitor environment.
- Enter a Parent Group to add this resource to an existing group. The default value is root.
- Enter Properties (key-value pair) by typing a Name and Value. You can also select from a list of existing properties.
- Click Next.
- On the Properties page, enter the information that you gathered while Adding a JWT App.
- Client ID (API Key)
- Secret Key (API Secret)
- Select Test Permissions to authenticate.
- Select Add Service to add the new resource to LogicMonitor.
- Click View Resource to view the new Webex resource in LogicMonitor.
The following modules are available for Zoom SaaS integration. For more information, see Installing Modules and Packages.
|Zoom_Daily_Report||DataSource||Reports meetings, meeting minutes, new users, and participants for the day.|
|Zoom_Base_Usage||DataSource||Monitors hosts and usage.|
|Zoom_LargeMeeting_Usage||DataSource||Monitors hosts and usage.|
|Zoom_Plan_Webinar_Usage||DataSource||Monitors hosts and usage.|
|Zoom_Plan_Rooms_Usage||DataSource||Monitors hosts and usage.|
|Zoom_Recording_Usage||DataSource||Monitors storage space for Zoom Recordings.|
|Zoom_User_Stats||DataSource||Reports general user stats for a zoom account.|
|Saas_Zoom_ServiceStatus||DataSource||Monitors status of Zoom services.|
|Saas_Zoom_MeetingQos||DataSource||Averages are taken by active users in active meetings at the time of polling.|
Note: No data is returned if there are no active meetings. For example, if there are no active meetings using video, all of the video datapoints will return no data.