- A Salesforce application and profile that you want to connect to LogicMonitor. You will need the Consumer Key and Username to set up Salesforce monitoring in LogicMonitor account settings.
Note: You may need to create a new connected app and user profile in Salesforce. See Configuring Salesforce.
Add SalesForce integration to LogicMonitor
Under the Name settings, you will define how the connected Salesforce account should appear in your LogicMonitor environment.
- Name: (Required) Enter a name for the Salesforce account.
- Description: Provide a description for this Salesforce account.
- Parent Group: (Required) Assign the Salesforce account to a parent group. By default it will be assigned to the root group of the portal.
- Properties: Define properties and values.
Under the Permissions settings, you will enter the IDs and Public Key. These should be provided to you from your Salesforce account.
- User ID: (Required) This is the Username from your Salesforce user account. For more information see, Configuring Salesforce.
- Client ID: (Required) This is the Consumer Key from your Salesforce user account.
- Certificate: This certificate can be downloaded from Salesforce as a PEM file and used to connect your Salesforce account with LogicMonitor.
If you don’t have a Salesforce application and profile to connect to LogicMonitor, follow these steps to create one:
1. Define a new connected application.
2. Assign the application to a profile (create one, if needed).
3. Assign a user to the profile (create one, if needed).
4. Connect the application to LogicMonitor.
Define a new connected application
1. In Salesforce, go to Setup > Platform Tools > Apps > App Manager.
2. Click “New Connected App”.
3. Fill in the required fields under “Basic Information”.
4. Expand “API (Enable OAuth Settings) and check “Enable OAuth Settings”.
5. Enter a “Callback URL”. (This can be any valid URL.)
6. Select the desired OAuth scopes. The following scopes are Required:
- Access and manage your data (api)
- Perform requests on your behalf at any time (refresh_token, offline_access)
7. Save the application.
8. Open the App Manager setup page for the application, and click “Edit Policies”.
9. Change “Permitted Users” to “Admin approved users are pre-authorized”.
10. Save this form.
Add a profile
1. Go to Setup > Administration > Users > Profiles.
2. Click “New Profile”.
3. Choose an existing profile to clone and give it a Profile Name. If a profile for API Access User exists, it is recommended that you clone that profile.
4. Scroll down to “Apps” and click “Assigned Connected Apps”.
5. Edit to add or check the connected application and enable it for this profile.
6. Edit the profile’s Administrative Permissions (or System Permissions) to enable “Manage Users”.
Manage Users permission is required for monitoring storage limit usage. For more information, see SalesForce’s developer documentation for resource limits.
Add a user
The admin role cannot be used to connect with LogicMonitor, since its profile cannot be edited. You will need to create a new user or choose an existing user.
1. Go to Setup > Administration > Users.
2. Click “New User”.
3. Fill in the required fields and select the profile you created.
This username will be the User ID in LogicMonitor.
Download a Salesforce Certificate
1. Download and save the certificate as a PEM file.
2. In Salesforce, go to Setup > Platform Tools > Apps > App Manager.
3. Find the application in the list and “Edit”.
4. Check “Use digital signature” and click “Browse” to select the certificate.
The Name of the certificate should appear on the application page. Use the application’s “Consumer Key” as “Client ID” and the user’s “Username” as “User ID” on the LogicMonitor account settings.