You can use the Alert Forecast report type to forecast which datapoints are likely to go into alert in the next 30 days. The Alert Forecast report uses the static thresholds that are set for datapoints and predictive analytics to review the past trends of the datapoints and plot their future trajectories. For more information, see Data Forecasting.
Configuring an Alert Forecast Report
To add a new Alert Forecast Report:
- Select Reports > Add > Report > Alert Forecast to open the report settings.
- (Required) Enter a Name. Report names cannot include the operators and comparison functions used in LogicMonitor’s datapoint expression syntax.
- Enter a Description. For example, describe the specific purpose of the report.
- (Required) Enter a Report Group to set where your report will be stored. Matching groups will display as you type and you can select from the list.
- Set the report’s output Format, which can be HTML, CSV, or PDF.
- Set the Report Availability. This option specifies how long the generated report remains available online.
Alert Forecast Settings
- Select the Forecast Method:
- Line of best fit forecast draws a single straight line that best fits the forecasted data. This option is recommended if your datapoints are highly variable.
- 95% confidence forecast projects lines that represent upper and lower bounds and the forecast values, indicating a range that LogicMonitor predicts future datapoint values will fall within.
- Set a Forecast Basis, which indicates the duration of time from which data will be analyzed (or trained) to predict future alerts. You can select from a predefined time range or define a custom time range for your training basis.
- (Required) Select at least one Resource Group or Resource to use in your report. This selection will restrict your report to the data in these Resource Groups and Resources. You can use explicit names or glob expressions in these fields.
Note: You can select a combination of both glob and distinct values to specify your resources and resource groups. For more information, see Using Glob in your LogicMonitor Portal.
4. Under Datapoints, enter one or more sets of DataSource, Instance, and Datapoint to indicate which datapoints to include in the report.
5. Select Top 10 only to limit the report’s results to the top 10 datapoints that are closest to alerting.
6. Under Sort By, select the criteria to determine the sort order of the report results.
7. Under Columns, you can select and unselect columns that you want to show or hide in your report.
Report Schedule Settings
You can use the Report Schedule settings to schedule recurring reports that will email the results to the configured addresses.
- Select Generate this report on a schedule.
- Select the Frequency that you want this report to run.
- Select the time or day that the report will run. This option will depend on the Frequency you selected previously.
- Set the time zone for the report.
- Enter one or more Recipients’ email addresses.
Note: Upon configuring or editing a delivery schedule, your report will be generated and emailed immediately if it has not been generated within the last 24 hours. After that, emailed delivery will only occur according to the schedule.
Save the Report
When you finish configuring your report, you can:
- Click Save to save the report and its parameters.
- Click Save and Run to save and run the new report to review its output.
Adhoc Requests Thresholds (Limit for number of datapoints)
Scheduled Requests Thresholds