As of v113, LogicMonitor supports monitoring of billing data via Google Cloud Platform (GCP) Billing Export.
What data is monitored?
The following DataSources will be published by the time v113 is fully rolled out:
- Cost by operation – spend monitored per GCP billable operation
- Cost by project – spend monitored per GCP project (relevant for linked billing accounts)
- Cost by service – spend monitored per GCP service (e.g. App Engine, Compute Engine, Cloud SQL, etc.)
How do I get started?
To get started, you’ll need to perform the following steps:
1. Create a GCP storage bucket to store your GCP billing files in
You’ll need to first create a bucket in your GCP project that the billing export can be saved to. Any name, storage class, and location will work for LogicMonitor’s GCP billing monitoring. The name you specify will be used in step 3.
2. Set up GCP Billing Export to send billing reports to the GCP storage bucket created in step 1
Next, you’ll need to enable billing export to file. Make sure to select CSV format, and configure these files to be stored in the storage bucket from step 1. The prefix you specify will be used in step 3.
3. Enable GCP Billing Monitoring in LogicMonitor
Lastly, you’ll need to enable GCP Billing Monitoring in LogicMonitor via the Manage option for your monitored GCP project, and provide the name of the Cloud Storage Bucket your files are stored in as well as the file path prefix:
In this Article: