When you create a text widget, you can enter plain text directly into a text editor, and use the settings to apply paragraph styling, or add text using HTML. You can also add images.
Requirements for Creating a Text Widget
- The HTML needs to be valid for the widget to render the content, and this includes a string.
- Images must be in https and have a LogicMonitor endpoint.
Creating a Text Widget
- Select the Text widget. For more information, see Selecting a Widget.
- Complete the Basic Information fields. For more information, see Entering Basic Widget Information.
- You can add text to the Text Options field one of two ways:
- To add plain text, enter your text into the Text Options field and then apply paragraph styling.
- To add HTML text, select Source, and then enter your HTML in the Text Options field.
Note: A maximum of 65,535 characters are allowed in the Text Options field. If the HTML is broken, LogicMonitor displays an error in the content of the widget.
- To add an image:
- Select the insert image icon.
- Enter the desired image URL as well as configure its Width/Height, Border, HSpace, VSpace, and Alignment with the widget.
- Select Ok.
- Select a Widget Color Schema. For more information, see Selecting Display Settings.
Note: Selecting a Widget Color Schema does not impact the design of the content within the widget.
- To preview the widget before saving it, select Preview in the top right corner of the widget form.
- Select Save to save the widget to your dashboard.