Similar to a mailing list, a recipient group is a single entity that holds multiple alert delivery recipients. Consisting of multiple user accounts or other recipient groups, recipient accounts act as time-saving shortcuts when the same group of recipients needs to be notified of a variety of different types of alerts.
After you configure a Recipient Group, it becomes available to add to an escalation chain. For more information, see Escalation Chains.
Requirements for Creating a Recipient Group
The level of permissions determine which users or previously-created recipient groups are available for selection when adding recipients. You must have view permissions for each recipient or recipient group you want to add to the stage.
Creating a Recipient Group
- In LogicMonitor, navigate to Settings > Recipient Groups, and select Add.
- Enter a name and description for the recipient group.
This information displays in the list of Recipient Groups.
Note: The value you enter in the Name field is the value that is displayed in the escalation chain when adding recipients to a stage. For more information, see Escalation Chains.
- Add recipients to your recipient group by doing the following:
- In the Recipients settings, select the Add + button.
- Enter a value for a recipient in the Add User field.
LogicMonitor performs a lookup as you type to try and match users.
- If you added an individual user as a recipient, select a value for a contact method from the Contact Method field.
You can add an LM Integration as a contact method.
Recommendation: Create a dedicated user account to associate with the integration to add an LM integration as a recipient. For more information about creating users, see Users.
- Select Save.
- (Optional) In the Arbitrary Emails field, enter one or more email addresses that are not associated with existing user accounts.
- To save, do one of the following:
- Select Save to save the recipient group and return to the list of recipient groups.
- Select Save & Add Another to save the recipient group and immediately add an additional recipient group.