Alert Thresholds ReportLast updated on 13 March, 2023
The Alerts Thresholds report allows you to see the datapoint thresholds in effect across multiple resources. This report shows where you have overridden global thresholds or disabled alerting at levels other than the global. You can use the Alert Thresholds report to review:
- Various static and dynamic thresholds for a resource or resource instance.
- Where the global threshold defaults are overridden because of thresholds set at other levels in the resource tree, such as resource group, resource, or instance level.
- How changes to a datapoint threshold affect other resources.
- Which resources have alerting disabled at the resource group, resource, instance, or datapoint level.
Configuring an Alert Thresholds report
To add a new Alert Forecast Report:
- Select Reports > Add > Report > Alert Forecast to open the report settings.
- (Required) Enter a Name. Report names cannot include the operators and comparison functions used in LogicMonitor’s datapoint expression syntax.
- Enter a Description. For example, describe the specific purpose of the report.
- (Required) Enter a Report Group to set where your report will be stored. Matching groups will display as you type and you can select from the list.
- Set the report’s output Format, which can be HTML, CSV, or PDF.
- Set the Report Availability. This option specifies how long the generated report remains available online.
Alert Thresholds Settings
- Select a Resource Group that contains the resources for which you want to view thresholds. You can use an explicit name or glob expression, or you can use a wildcard to include all groups (to not filter the output by group). For more information, see Using Glob in your LogicMonitor Portal.
- Select a Resource that contains the datapoints that you want to include in the report. You can use an explicit name or glob expression, or you can use a wildcard to not filter the report’s datapoint threshold output by resource.
- Select an Instance that contains the datapoints that you want to include in the report. You can use an explicit name or glob expression, or you can use a wildcard to not filter the reports output by instance.
- Select a Datapoint that you want to include in the report. You can use an explicit name or glob expression, or you can use a wildcard to include all datapoints that meet the previous configurations.
- Select a Sort by option. By default, your results will be sorted by “Resources”. If “Datapoint” is selected, the report sorts based on the metric’s average.
- Toggle Only show custom thresholds to limit the report output to only the thresholds that are are not set to the default global thresholds. The level, such as group or instance, that these custom thresholds were set on will also be displayed.
Note: To generate an Alerts threshold report to highlight all resources or instances across you portal where custom thresholds have been set, toggle this option and wildcard the Resource Group, Resource, Instance, and Datapoint fields. After running the report, you sort the output by the “Effective Threshold” column.
7. Under Columns, you can select and unselect columns that you want to show or hide in your report.
- By default only 5 of the columns are shown in the report. To include more columns, click the show/hide icon for the column name.
- To reorder columns, grab the icon to the far left of a column name and drag and drop the column into its new position.
Report Schedule Settings
You can use the Report Schedule settings to schedule recurring reports that will email the results to the configured addresses.
- Select Generate this report on a schedule.
- Select the Frequency that you want this report to run.
- Select the time or day that the report will run. This option will depend on the Frequency you selected previously.
- Set the time zone for the report.
- Enter one or more Recipients email addresses.
Note: Upon configuring or editing a delivery schedule, your report will be generated and emailed immediately if it has not been generated within the last 24 hours. After that, emailed delivery will only occur according to the schedule.
Save the Report
When you finish configuring your report, you can:
- Click Save to save the report and its parameters.
- Click Save and Run to save and run the new report to review its output.
Adhoc Requests Thresholds (Limit for number of items)
Scheduled Requests Thresholds