Monitoring your Juniper SRX devices is simple, just enable SNMP on your device and set the proper SNMP community when adding it to LogicMonitor. You can configure SNMP within the web browser, or the command line interface on your SRX hardware:
- Via J-Web:
- In J-Web, navigate to Configure > Services > SNMP.
- Click Add under Communities and add a community string.
- In the Authorization list, set read-only.
- Click OK and Apply to apply the settings.
- Navigate to Configure > Security > Zones.
- Select the trust zone.
- In the Interfaces Configuration list, click ge-0/0/0.0 and click Edit.
- For Host Inbound Traffic under System Services, click Allow Selected Services.
- Add snmp, as well as http and https so you don’t lose access to J-Web.
- Click OK, Apply, and then Commit to commit changes.
- Via CLI:
[email protected]# set snmp location lab [email protected]# set snmp contact "[email protected]" [email protected]# set snmp community public authorization read-only [email protected]# set security zones security-zone trust interface ge-0/0/0.0 host-inbound-traffic system-services snmp # Optionally restrict access [email protected]# set snmp community public clients 10.0.0.0/8 [email protected]# set snmp community public clients 0.0.0.0/0 restrict