Come join our live training webinar every other Wednesday at 11am PST and hear LogicMonitor experts explain best practices and answer common questions. We understand these are uncertain times, and we are here to help!
When you add your Kubernetes cluster into monitoring, dynamic groups are used to group the cluster resources. For more information on adding Kubernetes cluster into monitoring, see Adding Kubernetes Cluster into Monitoring.
Earlier, for adding dynamic groups, you required ‘manage all resources’ permission. However, now you can use API keys that have access to at least one resource group to add clusters for monitoring. The dynamic groups are linked to the resource groups that have the API keys with view permissions.
Once the administrator has completed all the prerequisites and allocated a resource group, then you can complete the following steps to add the Kubernetes cluster:
Note: You must have access to at least one collector before adding a Kubernetes cluster.
1. Navigate to Resources > Devices > select the allocated resource group for adding the cluster.
2. From the Add drop-down list, select Kubernetes Cluster.
3. On the Add Kubernetes Cluster page, add the following information:
a. In the Cluster Name field, enter the cluster name.
b.In the API token field, select the API token for the allocated resource group and click Save.The other API Token fields information will get populated automatically.
c. In the Resource Group field, select the allocated resource group name.
Note: If you select the root group in the Resource Group field, an error message “Insufficient permissions” will occur.
d. In the Collector Group and Dashboard Group fields, select the allocated Resource Group.
4. Click Next.
5. In the Install Instruction section, select the Argus tab.
6. Select the resourceGroupID parameter and replace the default value with the system.deviceGroupId property value of the allocated resource group.
Note: To view the system.deviceGroupId value, navigate to Resources > Devices > select the allocated resource group and click the Info tab.
7. Click Verify Connection. Once the connection is successful, your cluster is added.
Note: Currently, you cannot add services to the Kubernetes cluster. You must contact the administrator to add the required services.