The Alert Trends report summarizes the number of alerts for each severity level that occurred for one or more resources or groups for a specified period of time. You can use this report to monitor and identify the resources and resources groups that are generating too many alerts. Then, you can adjust the alert thresholds for the resources to reduce the number of alerts.
Configuring an Alert Trends Report
To add a new Alert Trends Report:
- Select Reports > Add > Report > Alert Trends to open the report settings.
- (Required) Enter a Name. Report names cannot include the operators and comparison functions used in LogicMonitor’s datapoint expression syntax.
- Enter a Description. For example, describe the specific purpose of the report.
- (Required) Enter a Report Group to set where your report will be stored. Matching groups will display as you type and you can select from the list.
- Set the report’s output Format, which can be HTML, CSV, or PDF.
- Set the Report Availability. This option specifies how long the generated report remains available online.
Alert Trends Settings
- Specify the Time Range, which will be the duration of time for which alerts are counted in the report. You can choose from the list of predefined time ranges or enter a custom time range.
- (Required) Enter at least one Resource Group or Resource to use in your report. This selection will restrict your report to the data in these Resource Groups and Resources. You can use explicit names or glob expressions in these fields.
Note: You can select a combination of both glob and distinct values to specify your resources and resource groups. For more information, see Using Glob in your LogicMonitor Portal.
Report Schedule Settings
You can use the Report Schedule settings to schedule recurring reports that will email the results to the configured addresses.
- Select Generate this report on a schedule.
- Select the Frequency that you want this report to run.
- Select the time or day that the report will run. This option will depend on the Frequency you selected previously.
- Set the time zone for the report.
- Enter one or more Recipients email addresses.
Note: Upon configuring or editing a delivery schedule, your report will be generated and emailed immediately if it has not been generated within the last 24 hours. After that, emailed delivery will only occur according to the schedule.
Note: A configured maximum value of DataSource instances can require report delivery. If this maximum value is exceeded, a text box prompt will appear for the user to enter email addresses for report delivery, to avoid display delay rather than attempting report viewing.
Save the Report
When you finish configuring your report, you can:
- Click Save to save the report and its parameters.
- Click Save and Run to save and run the new report to review its output.