To use PagerDuty’s V3 Webhook subscriptions, you need to modify the PagerDuty integration settings in your LogicMonitor portal. Use PagerDuty’s Migrating from V1/V2 Generic Extensions to V3 Webhook Subscriptions documentation along with the following procedure to upgrade your PagerDuty integration.
Requirements for PagerDuty V3 Webhook Subscriptions with LogicMonitor
To upgrade your PagerDuty integration to V3 Webhook subscriptions in your LogicMonitor portal, you need an API Access key with minimum Read-only permissions from PagerDuty. For more information, see PagerDuty’s API Access Keys documentation.
Recommendation: Securely store the API Access key after you create it.
Upgrading PagerDuty Integration Settings for V3 Webhook Subscriptions
- In LogicMonitor, navigate to Settings > Integrations, and select the PagerDuty instance you want to upgrade.
- In the PagerDuty API Key field, enter the API Access Key you generated from PagerDuty.
- Select Save.
The list of PagerDuty integrations is displayed.
- Re-select the PagerDuty instance you are upgrading, and click Generate API Token.
- Copy the URL from the Generate API Token dialog box.
This is the Webhook URL used to create new webhooks in PagerDuty.
- In your PagerDuty instance, create a new webhook using the Webhook URL from your LogicMonitor Portal. For more information about creating webhooks, see PagerDuty’s Webhooks documentation.
Note: LogicMonitor only supports the “incident.acknowledged” event subscription.
Your PagerDuty integration in LogicMonitor upgrades after you create the webhook in your PagerDuty instance.
Important: The URL field in the HTTP Delivery settings of your PagerDuty integration reflects the URL version that HTTP requests are made to and does not reflect the version of the webhook subscription.