NetFlow Resource Metric ReportLast updated on 09 May, 2023
The NetFlow Resource Metric report provides an overview of recent network traffic metrics across your NetFlow-enabled resources, showing top flows, top source endpoints, top destination endpoints, and top talkers.
Configuring a NetFlow Resource Metric Report
To add a new NetFlow Resource Metric report:
- Select Reports > Add Report > NetFlow Resource Metric to open the report settings.
- (Required) Enter a Name. Report names cannot include the operators and comparison functions used in LogicMonitor’s datapoint expression syntax.
- Enter a Description. For example, describe the specific purpose of the report.
- (Required) Enter a Report Group to set where your report will be stored. Matching groups will display as you type and you can select from the list.
- Set the report’s output Format, which can be HTML, CSV, or PDF.
- Set the Report Availability. This option specifies how long the generated report remains available online.
NetFlow Resource Metric Settings
- Toggle to Include DNS mappings if you have uploaded a CSV that maps IP addresses to their respective DNS names. Enabling this toggle includes a table of the mappings in your report’s output. For more information, see Viewing, Filtering, and Reporting on NetFlow data.
- Select a Time Range to indicate the duration of time that data will be pulled from your Dashboard. You can choose a Predefined time range or enter a Custom time range.
- Select at least one Resource Group or Resource to use in your report. This selection will restrict your report to the data in these Resource Groups and Resources. You can use explicit names or glob expressions in these fields.
Note: You can select a combination of both glob and distinct values to specify your resources and resource groups. For more information, see Using Glob in your LogicMonitor Portal.
Report Schedule Settings
You can use the Report Schedule settings to schedule recurring reports that will email the results to the configured addresses.
- Select Generate this report on a schedule.
- Select the Frequency that you want this report to run.
- Select the time or day that the report will run. This option will depend on the Frequency you selected previously.
- Set the time zone for the report.
- Enter one or more Recipients email addresses.
Note: Upon configuring or editing a delivery schedule, your report will be generated and emailed immediately if it has not been generated within the last 24 hours. After that, emailed delivery will only occur according to the schedule.
Save the Report
When you finish configuring your report, you can:
- Click Save to save the report and its parameters.
- Click Save and Run to save and run the new report to review its output.
Adhoc Requests Thresholds (Limit for number of graphs)
Scheduled Requests Thresholds