Adding a Service GroupLast updated on 27 March, 2023
You can group your services together using the Service Group option. You can save a service group under the root folder or under another service group.
After you create a service group, you can add services to this service group while creating a new service or while managing an existing service.
Do the following to create a service group.
- From the LogicMonitor navigation sidebar, click Services. The Services page appears with the Services tree, which contains a root folder and a list of all the available services.
- To select the location for your service group, from the Services tree, select the root folder or a service group, and then click the Add icon. The Add dialog box appears with the following options:
- Service: Select to create a service by grouping together the instances across one or more monitored resources.
- Service Group: Select to create a service group to group together the services you want.
- Select Service Group. The Add Service Group page appears.
- Add the following information for your service group.
|Name||(Required) Enter a name for the service group that reflects what the Service Group represents.|
|Description||Enter a description for the service group.|
|Enable alerting||Click the Enable alerting toggle to turn on or turn off the alerts for this service group.|
|Parent Group||Click the search icon to view the list of available service groups and then select the service group you want.|
|Properties||Click the search icon for Name to view available properties and then select the property you want. You can add multiple properties to your service.|
- Click Save to create the service group.
To know more about managing a service group, see Managing Service Group.