Uninstalling LM Container Services using Argus and Collectorset ControllerLast updated on 10 May, 2023
Important: This applies to LM Container services using Argus v4 or later and Collectorset-Controller v1 or later.
This topic describes how to uninstall LM Container using Argus and Collectorset-Controller.
You may need to uninstall LM Container for the following reasons:
- Start a fresh LM Container installation.
- Upgrade to a newer LM Container Helm Chart. For more information, see Migrating Existing Kubernetes Clusters Using LM Container Helm Chart.
- Ensure you are operating in the appropriate context on the machine where you are running Helm and kubectl.
- Take a backup of previous helm chart configurations. For more information, see Migrating Existing Kubernetes Clusters Using LM Container Helm Chart.
- Ensure you have administrator role privileges. For more information, see Roles.
- Open the command line interface window.
- In the terminal, run the following Helm command to uninstall the Collectorset-Controller:
helm uninstall collectorset-controller -n <respective namespace>
- Run the following Helm command to uninstall Argus:
helm uninstall argus -n <respective namespace>
- Delete the Custom Resource Definition (CRD) object by using the following command:
kubectl delete crd collectorsets.logicmonitor.com
Note: The CRD object doesn’t get deleted with the uninstall Helm command. You have to manually delete the CRD.
- Delete the client cache configmaps using the following command:
kubectl delete configmaps -l argus=cache