Role ReportLast updated on 27 March, 2023
The Role report lists details for all user roles that have been created in LogicMonitor. Use this report type to see an overview of the settings, privileges, and users assigned to your various user roles.
Configuring a Role Report
To add a new Role report:
- Select Reports > Add Report > Role to open the report settings.
- (Required) Enter a Name. Report names cannot include the operators and comparison functions used in LogicMonitor’s datapoint expression syntax.
- Enter a Description. For example, describe the specific purpose of the report.
- (Required) Enter a Report Group to set where your report will be stored. Matching groups will display as you type and you can select from the list.
- Set the report’s output Format, which can be HTML, CSV, or PDF.
- Set the Report Availability. This option specifies how long the generated report remains available online.
Select either List or Detail to configure the output of your report:
- List–Displays overview information for all user roles, including:
- Whether the role requires two-factor authentication or LogicMonitor’s end-user license agreement (EULA)
- All users assigned to the role
- The label and URL, if applicable, for any custom help files members can access
- Detail–Displays the overview information provided in the List version with more granular details about the permissions granted across all LogicMonitor feature areas.
Report Schedule Settings
You can use the Report Schedule settings to schedule recurring reports that will email the results to the configured addresses.
- Select Generate this report on a schedule.
- Select the Frequency that you want this report to run.
- Select the time or day that the report will run. This option will depend on the Frequency you selected previously.
- Set the time zone for the report.
- Enter one or more Recipients email addresses.
Note: Upon configuring or editing a delivery schedule, your report will be generated and emailed immediately if it has not been generated within the last 24 hours. After that, emailed delivery will only occur according to the schedule.
Save the Report
When you finish configuring your report, you can:
- Click Save to save the report and its parameters.
- Click Save and Run to save and run the new report to review its output.