The Resource Inventory report provides a way to report on any of the defined or discovered properties of a resource. For example, you can report on memory size, OS level, architecture, and more, across a group of devices. You can also report on the statuses, such as state, ID, IP address, region, and more, for your cloud resources.
Configuring a Resource Inventory Report
To add a new Resource Inventory report:
- Select Reports > Add Report > Resource Inventory to open the report settings.
- (Required) Enter a Name. Report names cannot include the operators and comparison functions used in LogicMonitor’s datapoint expression syntax.
- Enter a Description. For example, describe the specific purpose of the report.
- (Required) Enter a Report Group to set where your report will be stored. Matching groups will display as you type and you can select from the list.
- Set the report’s output Format, which can be HTML, CSV, or PDF.
- Set the Report Availability. This option specifies how long the generated report remains available online.
Resource Inventory Settings
- Select at least one Resource Group or Resource to use in your report. This selection will restrict your report to the data in these Resource Groups and Resources. You can use explicit names or glob expressions in these fields.
Note: You can select a combination of both glob and distinct values to specify your resources and resource groups. For more information, see Using Glob in your LogicMonitor Portal.
2. (Optional) Enter one or more DataSource and Instance pairs to drill down to instance-level properties for the Resource Groups or individual Resources you selected.
3. Under Properties, choose one or more properties whose values you want to return for each group, resource, or instance. Not all resources will support the same properties.
4. Under Sort By, select the property that will determine the sort order of the results.
Report Schedule Settings
You can use the Report Schedule settings to schedule recurring reports that will email the results to the configured addresses.
- Select Generate this report on a schedule.
- Select the Frequency that you want this report to run.
- Select the time or day that the report will run. This option will depend on the Frequency you selected previously.
- Set the time zone for the report.
- Enter one or more Recipients email addresses.
Note: Upon configuring or editing a delivery schedule, your report will be generated and emailed immediately if it has not been generated within the last 24 hours. After that, emailed delivery will only occur according to the schedule.
Save the Report
When you finish configuring your report, you can:
- Click Save to save the report and its parameters.
- Click Save and Run to save and run the new report to review its output.