We have significantly improved the ability to install our container monitoring services to your Kubernetes cluster. With our unified LM Container Helm chart, you can install all the services necessary to monitor your Kubernetes cluster, including Argus, Collectorset-Controller, and the kube-state-metrics (KSM) service. The new chart automatically manages the compatibility between the components, greatly simplifying the installation and upgrade process.
- Install Helm to use the charts. For more information, see the Helm documentation.
- Best to install LM Container from LM portal with Administrator user role. For more information, see Roles.
- Ensure you have the necessary LogicMonitor portal and Kubernetes Cluster permission. For more information, see Kubernetes Monitoring Considerations and Required Permissions.
1. Log in to the LogicMonitor account.
2. Navigate to Settings > Users & Roles > LMv1 API Tokens.
3. Click to create a new API token and enter the following details:
- User: Select the required user with appropriate admin access.
- Access ID: Copy accessID
- Access Key: Copy accessKey
Ensure to copy the accessID and accessKey as you will not be able to view the information once you click Save.
- Note: (Optional) You can enter a note. For example, you can add a description regarding the usage of the API token.
4. Enter the following command to add the LogicMonitor Helm repository:
helm repo add logicmonitor https://logicmonitor.github.io/helm-charts
5. Select the required Helm chart version for installation using the following steps:
- To load the latest version of the charts in the repository, enter the following command:
helm repo update logicmonitor
- To check the current version of the LM Container chart, enter the following command:
helm search repo -r logicmonitor/lm-container
- Use option -l to list all versions if you want to select the previous version
- Use –devel option to list early access versions
- Define version criteria using the selected version by applying the following rules:
- For example, you have selected 1.0.0
- Define version criteria as “1” to automatically roll out new versions with newly added features and fixes
- Define version criteria as “1.0” to automatically rollout only fixed versions and not the newly added features
- Define version criteria as specific version “1.0.0” to roll out new versions manually
6. Create a Helm chart configuration.yaml file:
argus: clusterName: "<friendly-cluster-name>" clusterTreeParentID: <optional: parent-resource group-id under which resource tree will be created. A non-admin user must have the manage access on resource group to be able to install the chart> global: accessID: "<access-id> created in previous step" accessKey: "<access-key> created in previous step" account: "logicmonitor-account-name - if xxx.logicmonitor.com is url then value be xxx here"
Note: For more information on the list of values and their descriptions used in the lm-container-configuration.yaml file, see Values Schema Reference from ArtifactHUB.
7. Install Helm chart using the following command:
helm upgrade --install --debug --wait --namespace="logicmonitor" --create-namespace -f ./lmc-configuration.yaml lmc --version "<version-criteria>" logicmonitor/lm-container
Note: If you are installing the early access version, enter the full version for
<version-criteria> in the command.