Deleting and Restoring Resource GroupsLast updated on 04 January, 2022
Deleting a Resource Group
Resource groups are deleted from the Resources page. LogicMonitor provides a seven-day grace period in which you can choose to restore a deleted resource group.
To delete a resource group:
- Navigate to the resource group in the Resource tree.
- Click the Manage button in the top right corner of the Resources page.
- Click Delete.
- From the prompt, select an option:
- Delete [group name] Only—Select this option if you only want to remove the resource group (and its subgroups). Member resources will not be deleted.
- Cascade Delete—Select this option if you want to remove the resource group, its subgroup(s), and all member resources. Member resources are deleted across your entire LogicMonitor account, even if they are also members of other groups.
Restoring a Resource Group
When a resource group is deleted, it is held in the Recently Deleted folder in Resources tree for seven days. During this time, users with “Manage” permissions for the root directory have the ability to restore the deleted resource group. Restoring a resource group also restores any subgroups and member resources that were deleted along with it. The process of restoring a resource group is identical to that of restoring a resource. See Managing, Deleting and Restoring Resources.