Resource Group Inventory ReportLast updated on 13 March, 2023
The Resource Group Inventory report displays the count and other group-level properties across one or more resource groups and subgroups. You can use this report to compare property values between multiple groups in your LogicMonitor account.
Configuring a Resource Group Inventory Report
To add a new Resource Group Inventory report:
- Select Reports > Add Report > Resource Group Inventory to open the report settings.
- (Required) Enter a Name. Report names cannot include the operators and comparison functions used in LogicMonitor’s datapoint expression syntax.
- Enter a Description. For example, describe the specific purpose of the report.
- (Required) Enter a Report Group to set where your report will be stored. Matching groups will display as you type and you can select from the list.
- Set the report’s output Format, which can be HTML, CSV, or PDF.
- Set the Report Availability. This option specifies how long the generated report remains available online.
Resource Group Inventory Settings
- Select one or more Resource Group.
- (Optional) Toggle on Include Subgroups to include the subgroups of the selected Resource Group in the inventory report.
- Under Properties, choose one or more properties. The values of the selected properties will be returned for each group and subgroup.
- By default, the
host countproperty is included in this report and displays the number of hosts within the group.
- Each property will be a column in the report. You can rearrange the order of the properties using table Actions.
- By default, the
- Under Sort By, select the property to determine the sort order of the results.
Report Schedule Settings
You can use the Report Schedule settings to schedule recurring reports that will email the results to the configured addresses.
- Select Generate this report on a schedule.
- Select the Frequency that you want this report to run.
- Select the time or day that the report will run. This option will depend on the Frequency you selected previously.
- Set the time zone for the report.
- Enter one or more Recipients email addresses.
Note: Upon configuring or editing a delivery schedule, your report will be generated and emailed immediately if it has not been generated within the last 24 hours. After that, emailed delivery will only occur according to the schedule.
Save the Report
When you finish configuring your report, you can:
- Click Save to save the report and its parameters.
- Click Save and Run to save and run the new report to review its output.