AppliesTo functions are part of AppliesTo scripting, which is a scripting method for selecting a set of LogicMonitor resources based on their properties. You can define your own AppliesTo functions globally, and those functions can then be called from any location within LogicMonitor that takes AppliesTo scripting as input.
Configuring an New AppliesTo Function
- In the LogicMonitor navigation menu, select Modules.
- From My Module Toolbox, select Add .
- In the Add window, select AppliesTo Function.
The Add New AppliesTo Function window displays and contains tabs for Info and AppliesTo.
- On the Info tab, enter the following information:
- Name: Specify the AppliesTo Function.
- Description: Provide enough detail to ensure that the AppliesTo Function’s purpose can be easily determined.
- On the AppliesTo tab, do the following:
- The AppliesTo field accepts LogicMonitor’s AppliesTo scripting as input to determine which resources are associated with this PropertySource. For more information, see AppliesTo Scripting Overview.
- Select the Test AppliesTo icon . This test returns a count of matching resources, an displays them in the AppliesTo Results panel.
- Select Save.
- Select Commit Version.