General Deployment Collector - 26.0Last updated on 07 December, 2022
GD Collector 26.0 will be available January 4, 2018. This version includes everything in GD 25.001, as well as EA 25.100, EA 25.200, EA 25.300, and EA 25.400.
In comparison to GD 25.001, highlights of this version include:
- Improved speed and performance of NetScans. Added Npcap packet capture for MAC address detection and lookup of network interface manufacturer.
- Service Checks can now track SSL Expiration and alert on various SSL-related errors. Types of errors include:
- Certificate expired
- CA untrusted
- CN mismatch hostname
- SSL connection failed
- Support for groovy scripts to define a Config Check in LM ConfigSources.
- Major performance improvements for ESX Data Collection, SNMP Active Discovery, and Perfmon and WMI Collection.
- Improved snmpwalk timeout logic.
- Windows Collector Installer improvements to better explain permissions/installation instructions. It will now automatically detect if the computer is on the domain and show a separate Domain field only in this case.
- Several improvements to avoid unnecessary Collector restarts.
- Improvements to reduce CPU consumption when Collector caching is used.
- Use of the VMWare API to discover/identify ESX devices more efficiently.
- Added “headers” argument to HTTP “get()” method for setting custom headers.
- Upgraded the snmp4j jar to version 2.5.6.
- Upgraded the Collector’s JDK to version 8u144.
For more detailed information on what’s included, see individual EA release notes (links above).