EA Collector 25.400 will be released December 18, 2017, and includes the following:
- Improved WMI performance and capacity.
- Improved Active Discovery and Auto-Property processes to prevent duplicate tasks and reduce memory usage.
- Increased the timeout of SNMP Active Discovery tasks to 300 seconds. This can be modified via the ad.snmp.walk.timeout parameter in agent.conf
- Improved snmpwalk timeout logic.
- Support for German number formatting in Poll Now of scripted DataSources.
- Windows Collector installer now detects if it’s running on a computer that is joined to a domain and enables the ‘domain’ field if it is.
- When testing a Service Check with “Accept-Encoding” set to gzip, the Collector would sometimes return the error “Not in GZIP format when setting up services”. This has been improved.
- If the download rate is too slow when attempting to download the Collector bootstrap, the Collector will automatically abort and retry.
- When grouping instances by property in an Active Discovery script, instances missing a value for that property would sometimes inhibit successful discovery. We have improved this so that the Collector can skip over instances with empty properties and continue executing the script.
- In some cases, wildcard parameters were not being properly replaced in scripted Event Collection. This has been improved.
- Fixed a bug causing the Collector to frequently restart itself when overloaded by WMI tasks.
- In some cases, the Collector would fail to update due to Collector processes not quitting in time. We have improved the Collector Update logic to prevent these failures.
- Some timezones were causing Windows Event Collection to display incorrect start times for alerts. This has been corrected.
In this Article: