EA Collector 22.276 will be released January 23, 2017, and includes the following:
- Scripted Internal Service Checks now support using a proxy for the request via the following method:
LMRequest.setProxy(hostname, port, schema)
- The Collector now supports device IP in BatchJob wrappers, where previously only system hostname was accepted.
- discover.workers and autoprops.workers are now set per Collector size, such that larger Collectors have more resources for Active Discovery and Auto Properties tasks.
- collector.batchscript.threadpool option added to the Collector’s agent.conf file to enable threadpool tuning for batchscript data collection.
- The Collector wasn’t properly parsing JSON paths for Internal Services configured to match a specific JSON response.
- In some cases, ping tasks were timing out and displaying a minimum ping time of zero. This has been corrected.
- The system.virtualization property was not being discovered for devices with ESXi version 6.5. This was due to VMWare changing an HTML file the Collector relied on to set the property, and resulted in the ESX DataSources not being applied properly. We’ve updated the Collector logic to use a different file in the SDK directory to get the necessary information.
- Generating a script from settings wasn’t working well for Internal Services configured to use regex to match something in the response. This was due to how the regex was enclosed in double quotes. This generate feature now uses triple single quotes to enclose regex, which fixes the issue.
- Passwords with special characters were preventing the Collector services from starting in some cases. We’ve improved how the Collector handles such characters to prevent this issue with EA 22.276.