HAProxy Cipher Protections UpdateLast updated on 14 September, 2022
Your data and infrastructure security are LogicMonitor’s top priority. To ensure the most secure environment possible, we are updating the TLS protocol handling for LogicMonitor accounts to align with current best-practices for high security environments.
On April 19, 2018, LogicMonitor will be retiring support for an older TLS cipher suite as well as support for the 1.0 version of the TLS protocol. While we expect this change to have minimal impact, there is a possibility this change would affect access to your account in the following ways:
Support for TLS 1.1 and 1.2 protocols have been available in major web browsers for years, including:
- Google Chrome > v.21 (2013)
- Mozilla Firefox > v.26 (2013)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer > v.10 (2013)
- Microsoft Edge (all versions)
- Apple Safari > v.6 (2014)
Those using older versions of MSIE (< v.11) will need to enable support for TLS 1.1 by following these instructions.
If you have written scripts or programs to interface with our API, they will have to support TLS v1.1 and above. Many languages are dependent upon OpenSSL which has supported TLS 1.1 since 2012.
PowerShell Scripts may need to add the following to ensure use of TLS 1.2:
LogicMonitor Collectors have supported TLS 1.1 since 2015 and should have automatically upgraded to the Minimum Required Collector (24.002) as of June 29, 2017. If you have Collectors that have not been automatically upgraded to this version we can not guarantee functionality with this change, please contact Customer Support for assistance upgrading your Collectors.
If your Collectors or Web Browsers have been configured to use a network proxy, you will need to ensure the proxy software also supports TLS 1.1 or 1.2 protocols.
Important Next Steps
- Ensure users of your LogicMonitor portal are using current browsers
- Verify scripts utilizing the REST API are capable of TLS 1.1 at a minimum
- Confirm all Collectors are at the Minimum Required version (24.002)
- Confirm that any Network Proxy used by your Collectors supports TLS 1.1 or 1.2
If there are any questions, please feel free to reach out to our Support team through your LogicMonitor portal.