A lot of development that’s been done is not yet visible, either as it’s dependent on the new UI, or simply spanning several releases as it involves a large project. In the near term, we can all look forward to greatly improved Netflow; trend forecasting; integrated AWS services monitoring; and, of course, the completion of the new UI.
But for this release, there are still some goodies:
- Datasource Improvements:
- Increased the limit for embedded groovy scripts in active discovery or script collection to 64,000 characters.
- Instance filtering now applies to JDBC AD methods for discovery type of “database list” and “instance list”
- Added a “delete obsolete instances immediately” flag for datasource Active Discovery, useful for when the history of prior instances is unrelated to new instances of the same name.
- XML Document Xpath interpretation for datapoints has been enhanced to support all Xpath core functions (sum, count, etc)
- JsonPath interpretation has been enhanced to support sum, average, min, and max functions for a JsonPath. Regex filtering support was also added.
- Added pdh.user and pdh.pass properties. If these are set, they will be used for Perfmon data collection authentication. If they are not set, wmi.user/wmi.pass will be used. There are rare cases where it is necessary to specify different credentials for each protocol (typically where monitoring outside a domain.)
- Collector Improvements:
- Improvements in the performance of ping collector – the first to use a much more scalable system, that you’ll be seeing in other collection mechanisms soon.
- Added the ability of collectors to detect and download updated scripts, when the script associated with a datasource has changed content, but the name stays the same. (Previously, the script would only be re-downloaded if it was called with a new name.)
- Added the ability for host properties to be passed to external scripts used for collector based alerting.
- IPv6 is now enabled by default
- Reduced the size of the LogicMonitor logo on reports, to avoid brand confusion for those MSPs sending these reports to their customers.
- Added compound Windows Event filtering
- Collector issues:
- Uninstalling a Linux Collector service would not correctly terminate the running collector.
- Removed a race condition between watchdog and the collector wrapper, that could result in a failed restart
- Improved the ability of scripts called by external alerting to deal with white space in parameters and path
- Collector SDTs that spanned two days would sometimes not suppress alerts correctly.
- Alert clears were sent for collector down states, even though the collector had been placed in SDT.
- When SDTing a collector for which the down state had already been acknowledged, the SDT notifications were incorrectly sent.
- Custom HTTP delivery methods (Webhooks) could deliver illegal JSON if the content contained tokens that were replaced with text with newlines, tabs, etc. These characters will be replaced with spaces.
- Sitemonitor did not deal with 204 HTTP responses correctly.
- The filter “cleared(last 7days)” was not working correctly on alert/service page in the new UI
- A netscan using a script method incorrectly added the host using the SNMP discovered name, instead of the name specified in the script.
- Corrected a bug where script based network scans that specified a group to add hosts to, would fail to add hosts to the specified group if the scan was run by a Windows collector
- Corrected a few Role Based Access control bugs: Users with View only privilege on hosts were incorrectly able to modify cluster alerts and event sources on a group; the Alert Report was not respecting host limitations.
- The Alert Threshold report would erroneously show a specific instance when thresholds were set on group or global levels, instead of showing they were applicable to all instances.
- Corrected an issue that caused discovery filters for JDBC AD to fail if the filter referenced a column ‘name’.
- Prevented Null/Empty responses for OS system properties from replacing prior discovered system properties in the Auto Properties discovery system
- Corrected an issue that resulted in SLA reports of duration greater than one hour reporting on an extra minute.
In this Article: