v.187 Release NotesLast updated on 23 May, 2023
LogicMonitor v.187 is scheduled to roll out to customer portals from May 15, 2023 through May 31, 2023.
- Feature Highlights: Enhanced Synthetics web checks for website operations. Azure monitoring for Log Analytics workspaces. Full release of the Jira Service Management integration.
- General Updates: Updated the Microsoft Azure integration authentication check and the technical notes for Azure AD app secrets. New UI workflow for creating EventSource modules.
- Updated Monitoring: New modules for AWS Sagemaker, GCP regional and external load balancers, Kubernetes API server, Azure Log Analytics Workspaces, and Microsoft SQL Server connection statuses.
Important: If you are using unsupported browsers (for example, Internet Explorer) after 28 June 2023, you must switch to a browser that LogicMonitor supports to maintain access to features in your portal, such as Reports. For more information, see Supported Browsers in the Product Documentation.
For more information regarding this requirement, see the TLS 1.2 to become the minimum TLS protocol level for all AWS API endpoints documentation from AWS.
Enhanced Synthetics Web Checks to Create Tests for Logical Grouping
You can now create a test with multiple steps to logically group all your website’s operations. Each step is treated as an individual device. This helps you navigate through all of your website’s operations. All the information is displayed on the Resources page. You need to update your LogicMonitor GD Collector to 33.401 or later. For Selenium Web Checks created with collectors before 33.401, you have to reconfigure the Web Checks. For more information, see Selenium Web Checks.
Azure Log Analytics Workspace Monitoring
You can now monitor the state of your Azure Log Analytics workspaces, which enables you to track the successful and failed query executions among other metrics.
Jira Service Management
LogicMonitor integration for Jira Service Management is moving out of Open Beta for a full release. This is a bi-directional ticketing integration that creates Jira Service Management Incidents based on Alerts. Alerts can also be acknowledges directly from Jira Service Management when the ticket status is changed. For more information see Jira Service Management Integration Setup in the product documentation.
- You can now manage datapoint threshold levels at the instance group and instance level. By default, new instances inherit the properties of the instance group.
- Updated the Microsoft_Azure_Integration_Authentication datasource to offer a more robust and accurate authentication check. You may find this datasource useful for understanding when authentication is the root cause of Azure data collection issues.
- Updated technical notes of Azure AD App Secrets datasource to note that secrets are only discovered as instances if the secret is already expired, or within 30 days of expiration.
- Fixed an issue with the Microsoft Azure Recovery Services Vault Site Recovery datasource where complex datapoints were not being evaluated.
- Enhanced the Slack integration rate limit to resolve an issue with setting up a new integration.
- Fixed an issue in the Connectwise integration where characters in tokens were not escaped properly when sending it in a header.
- The new UI version of the EventSource editor is now available with similar usability and style enhancements as the other new LogicModule editors. You can find it in the new Modules section.
- Integrated with the HIBP (Have I Been Pwned) API to prevent setting an account with previously compromised credentials. This integration allows LogicMonitor to check if you are using a compromised login password when creating an account, updating an account, and resetting the password to your account. For more information on how this works, see HIBP documentation.
New and updated LogicModules are available for you to import from the LogicMonitor Public Repository. This section lists the LogicModules that are new in this release, updated in this release, or will be removed in a future release. Changes related to the LogicModule feature will be listed under General Updates.
|New module support for a new Active Directory method to AWS SageMaker.|
See Deprecated Modules for related updates.
|New modules for GCP’s regional internal and external load balancers.|
|New Kubernetes monitoring for API Server|
|New module to capture Azure Monitor metrics for Log Analytics Workspaces.|
|New module for monitoring the connection and roundtrip time to SQL server. The module uses direct connection for stand alone servers and SQL Server listener in a failover or AlwaysOn configuration.|
|Added a toggle for writing to the collector cache (instead falling back on disk) as a way to keep memory usage low, updated copyright notice, and added a check for corrupt files|
|Resolved error occurring in Dell_Switch_CPU that resulted in “No data” being returned. Dell_Switch_CPU will now return the percentage of CPU utilized over a period of 1 minute.|
|Updated existing HTTPS load balancers.|
|Updated Kubernetes_KSM_Watchdog to fix an issue with Kubernetes_KSM_Jobs and clear residue cache files created by Watchdog.|
|Fixed a cache issue while fetching data.|
|Updated Kubernetes_Scheduler to remove unwanted alert on datapoint schedulerPodSchedulingAttemptsCount.|
|Added the following metrics for Credential Vault:|
* numberOfReinitializedHostTask: Indicates number of master tasks reinitialized because of credentials refresh/change
* numberOfUpdatedHostProperties: Incremented when credential change happens
* countOfEmptyResultMap: Incremented when resultMap received from vault call is empty
* numberOfNewHostProperties: Indicates new vault key added for host, for example wmi.pass.lmvault = mypass
* vaultCallFailFromHttpAgentService: Indicates when new feed credentials are requested from vault and received empty or null credentials
|Updated description and technical notes of AD App Secret Datasource to include that alerts are filter to only soon to expire (30 days) or already expired certificates.|
|Fixed debug in boolean evaluation of output for datapoint ‘Started’.|
|Restricted appliesTo to only match devices with the required username configured in host properties which reduces collector load and minimizes unnecessary port checks.|
|Added support to return errorType -1 for when no error is found so that the errorType datapoint is not showing “No data”.|
|Fixed Puppet_Agent_LastRunMetrics module to only apply if a device has the required properties. Added null check on length operator.|
|Reverted an appliesTo change to remove the requirement for redis.pass.|
|Graph floor and scaling repairs, exit code logic refinements, add multi comma byte output data format repair.|
Azure Resource Health
|Updated Azure Resource Health Event polling interval from 1 hour to 30 min and Update clear after from 1 hour to 90 min.|
|Explicitly added connection and read timeouts to HTTP calls.|
|Fixed an issue in the KSM Self Monitor module that was causing the module to reference an incorrect KSM service instance.|
This table lists LogicModules that we are deprecating in this release. This means that these LogicModules will be removed in a future release. If available, a replacement LogicModule is listed. For the history of deprecated modules, see Deprecated LogicModules.
|LogicModule Name||Details||End of Support Date|
|The replacement module supports more versions of the technology connected with SageMaker AWS service and removes datapoints that were not working.||N/A|