LogicMonitor v.165 is scheduled to roll out to customer portals from February 7 through February 16.
- Feature Highlights: LM APM general availability.
- General Updates: Added a new Alert histogram to topology maps, made several improvements to LM Logs and the LogicMonitor interface, and more.
- Updated Monitoring: Added new modules for monitoring S3 and EC2 availability, new packages for Dell EMC Powerstore and Apache Hive, and more.
LM APM General Availability
We are excited to announce the general availability of LogicMonitor APM. You can now purchase advanced synthetic tests, distributed tracing, and application metrics capabilities through the associated licenses. LM APM improves the user experience and service levels of your digital applications and their associated infrastructure through faster troubleshooting and an AIOps-based early warning system.
The new Alert Histogram allows you to filter the alerts that display on your topology map and drill down into specific issues to view how they unfolded over time.
The Traces page now automatically displays suggestions for attribute keys and values when text is entered in the advanced queries field.
- The audit log display for dynamic thresholds has been modified to increase readability.
- Dynamic groups now automatically update group membership if the Collector assigned to devices in the group goes down and is part of an Auto-Balanced Collector Group.
- Fixed a typo on the Alert Rule page.
- Fixed an issue that prevented special characters from being used in the First Name and Last Name fields when logging in via Single Sign-On.
- The system.netflowCollectorID property can now be used in AppliesTo logic.
- A message now displays which special characters are not allowed in the First Name and Last Name fields when adding a LogicMonitor user.
The LogicMonitor interface now displays clear validation messages when attempting to add new Zoom, Airbrake, and Salesforce integrations with invalid credentials.
Fixed an issue that prevented new Microsoft Azure accounts from being saved.
You can now use more than one label per instance definition when discovering instances via the OpenMetrics wizard.
- You can now search log metadata when present. To search log metadata, enter a query similar to the following LM Logs search field:
- The LM Logs page now asynchronously loads the logs table and graph to allow for faster page loading when viewing large amounts of log messages.
- Added support for the “sum” aggregation function to the Aggregate tab.
Note: This feature is only available for LM Logs Enterprise and LM Logs Unlimited customers.
- You can now customize the appearance and sound settings on the LM Logs page including, timestamp formatting , and log message font size.
Note: The customization options under the Alerting section do not apply to LM Logs.
Fixed an issue that caused Ops Notes to be truncated in the LM Logs graph.
- Fixed an issue that caused a DataSource upgrade to fail if the technical note was too long.
- Fixed an issue that prevented users from importing PropertySources.
- Existing modules with metadata that matches a module being imported no longer cause the import to fail.
New and updated LogicModules are available for you to import from the LogicMonitor Public Repository. This section lists the LogicModules that are new in this release, updated in this release, or will be removed in a future release. Changes related to the LogicModule feature will be listed under General Updates.
|New modules for detecting S3 and EC2 outages. Note: These modules are a temporary solution until the functionality is added to the Cloud Collector.
|New module to monitor service health for Office 365.
|New kube-state-metrics modules utilizing OpenMetrics data collection.
|New SFTP-based approach with reduced memory usage.
|Backups health monitoring using built-in metrics via Azure Monitor.
|Added a new category to target the corresponding DataSource more directly.
|New module for monitoring major and critical alerts from PowerStore that have not been acknowledged or cleared.
|Added the Dell EMC PowerStore package which uses the PowerStore Management REST API.
|Added the Apache Hive package for monitoring Apache Hive using JMX.
|New module for monitoring Collector script cache usage.
|Added the VMware NSX-T package.
|Added new mapping capabilities for Meraki organizations to their corresponding networks for better RCA.
|InDiscard and OutDiscard datapoints now correctly display as a percentage.
|Added sysOID for CloudGenix devices.
|Fixed an issue with the selflink URL property that was incompatible with Argus v6 and caused incorrect ERI identification.
|Fixed an issue that caused scripts to display unnecessary errors.
|Increased the SNMP timeout to 30 seconds and adjusted the PeerAlert complex datapoint to alert on no data.
|Fixed an issue that caused incorrect identification of virtual machines.
|Active Discovery no longer sets the instance ERI for vManage device instances used in topology mapping.
|Updated ERTs to distinguish between VM instances and VM devices.
|Added timeouts and other performance optimizations.
Requires Collector 30.001 or higher.
Cisco_vManage_Sessions (new module)
|Entire package has been updated to use script cache for improved session management across DataSources.
Requires Collector 30.000 or higher.
The new Cisco_vManage_Sessions must be imported for data collection to continue in all modules except Cisco_vManage_Alarms and Cisco_vManage_CertificateSummary.
Threading was added to Active Discovery for Cisco_vManage_ApplicationAwareRoutingSLAClasses, Cisco_vManage_BFDDeviceSummary, and Cisco_vManage_BFDPerTLOC to handle the high number of API calls and slow API response times.
It is recommended that you import Cisco_vManage_Sessions and ensure that data collection is working before importing the full package.
|Made changes to the blocked MAC address list for improved mapping.
|Fixed an issue that caused incorrect values to be reported for the status.
|Updated the Capacity Detail graph default time range to one day.
Synology Raid Status
|Updated the tech notes to refer to the current core SNMP module.
|( 17 DataSources)
|Added additional date parsing to Cisco_UCS_Faults.
Added improved handling for components that don’t provide a temperature to Cisco_UCS_RackServerComponents.
Added a filter to Active Discovery to exclude removed components. All other modules have improved debugging with early script failures to inform users that the necessary property has not been applied or the module has incorrectly been applied to a device it should not be applied to.
|Added OID endpoint for identifying the Arista manufacturer to populate in the auto.endpoint.manufacturer property.
|Changed the data collection interval to one hour which is now supported by the “SAAS OFFICE365 CSV REPORT” data collection type.
(1 TopologySource) Cisco_Multicast_Topology
|Fixed an issue that caused script timeouts.
|General improvements to topology scripts.
See Deprecated LogicModules for more information regarding VMware_vCenter_Topology.
|Added an alert condition for kubeDaemonsetStatusNumberMisscheduled and updated the Post processor regex for Daemonset.
|Corrected the OID used in the Disks datapoint.
|Updated the metric type of DRAPendingReplicationSynchronizations to gauge.
|Fixed an issue in bridge entries.
|Improved mapping between host, firewalls, and edges.
|Relay information is now optional for DHCP configs.
|Improved network identification for better mapping.
This table lists LogicModules that we are deprecating in this release. This means that these LogicModules will be removed in a future release. If available, a replacement LogicModule is listed.
|End of Support Date
|Merged authentication connection checks into Microsoft_SQLServer_Connections so all connection verification is in one module.
|Did not provide meaningful actionable data.
|VMware_vCenter_Topology will remain in the core with the ApplesTo set to “false” until 2/11/22 to ensure conflicts do not occur when importing the replacements.
|Previous versions no longer work due to a hard JAR dependency. The new modules expand on the metrics provided by the old modules.
For the list of LogicModules deprecated over the past five releases, see the support article Deprecated LogicModules.